It’s official. Turkey day is less than ONE WEEK away! Does that give you anxiety? If you still don’t have your Thanksgiving menu planned out, fear not, let me help. Consider these almond butter twice baked sweet potatoes your golden ticket to yum-town.
We all know sweet potatoes basically HAVE to be served at Thanksgiving. It’s sort of like an unspoken rule. However, they totally don’t have to be just boring mashed or baked. Twice baking potatoes give them the perfect combo of crispy outside and soft, smooth inside.
And then there is the almond butter, let’s talk about that. Adding almond butter to sweet potatoes is fabulous for so many reasons like:
- Adds healthy fats
- Amps up the protein
- Creates an out-of-this world flavor combo
Honestly, guys, almond butter and sweet potatoes are a SERIOUS power couple.
I can be pretty picky when it comes to almond butter. I don’t like them to be too runny and I don’t like them too firm. I sort of feel like the Goldie Locks of almond butter, I take it that seriously. I used my latest obsession Crazy Richard‘s almond butter for this recipe. Not only is their almond butter addictive beyond belief (I’ve eaten two jars…) but they’re a family run company who focuses on high-quality, all-natural ingredients. They keep their products pure and avoid ingredient clutter by never adding any salt, sugar, or oils. It’s safe to say I’m pretty much in love.
Crazy Richard’s has an entire line of fabulous nut butters in addition to the almond including creamy and crunchy peanut butter, cashew butter, and even powdered peanut butter!
To top it all off they’re a midwest company! Lord knows this Michigander loves that. You can search the store finder on their website to find a store near you, or order online! Either way, you gotta get you some!
Whip these bad boys up for T-gives and be sure to pin the recipe so you can make them again later! I’m pretty positive you’ll want to!
Almond Butter Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup almond butter + 2 tbsp divided
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- dash of salt
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375
- Scrub sweet potatoes clean and pierce with a fork all over
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet at cook for ~1 hour, until softened
- Remove from oven and slice all potatoes down the center, lengthwise. Remove inside flesh with a spoon and place into a large bowl.
- Mash flesh with a potato masher well.
- Add in 1/3 cup almond butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, almond milk and salt, mixing well.
- Stuff the flesh mixture back into the potato skins and bake for ~12 more minutes
- Remove from oven and top with remaining 2 tbsp almond butter and sliced almonds
- Serve warm
click To display nutrition info
**This post has been sponsored by Crazy Richard’s. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own*