Like most girls in their mid-twenties, I love wine, and I am a firm believer it’s pretty much always the answer.
Bad day? Glass of wine. Celebrating? Glass of wine. Alive? Glass of wine.
Call me “basic”, I really don’t care, I just love wine.
Like I said, wine is always the answer, and that holds true to recipes too.
Brace yourselves for the recipe I am about to share with you.
Not only is it pasta covered in wine, it has chicken… and bacon.. and cheese… and roasted tomatoes.
If you aren’t salivating I might have to questions our friendship right now. Just kidding (kind of).
Now, as I am sure you know by now, I am lactose intolerant- or so my body tells me. I choose to pretend it’s lying on occasion. I mean let’s be real, I aint ever passing up ice cream, just a little…. However, I did use lactose-free milk and 100% parmesan cheese (naturally lactose free- fun fact of the day!) for this recipe, but you certainly don’t have to.
You can also use regular bacon. Actually, you’d probably have a much more flavorful dish. However, this is what I had on hand. Feel free to swap out the green beans for another veggie if you like, but I’d recommend keeping the tomatoes- simple because I think they look so fun when they are roasted and deflated.
Point being, as always, modify to your liking, this is simply what I did.
This recipe makes 2 large servings and even though it sounds fancy with it’s “White wine sauce”, it took about 45 minutes start to finish.
Throw this baby together on a weeknight and watch the jaws drop.
Chicken-Bacon Pasta With Roasted Veggies & A White Wine Sauce
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup pasta, dry
- 3 slices bacon (I used Turkey)
- ½ lb chicken breast
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ cup white wine (I used a Chardonnay)
- 1/3 cup milk (I used lactose free)
- 1 tbsp & 1 tsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cherry tomatoes and green beans on a cooking sheet sprayed lightly with cooking spray, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until tomatoes are soft.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While veggies are cooking, cook bacon in a large skillet.
- Once crisp, remove and pat off oil with paper towel. Do not wash the pan!
- Pound chicken with a meat tenderizer until ½-3/4 inch thickness
- Cook chicken in the same skillet as the bacon. This will take about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove from pan when finished. Do not wash pan.
- Next, add butter to pan used to cook bacon and chicken. Once melted add garlic and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes, it will be very aromatic.
- Next, add wine, milk and cheese. Allow to reduce by about half.
- Once thickened, add in dried thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Now, add bacon, chicken and veggies to drained pasta noodles. Coat with wine sauce.
- Mix it up nice and good and serve warm!
Nutrition Information Per ½ Recipe: 450 calories, 12g fat, 37g carbohydrate, 34g protein