I am so excited to share this recipe with you!
You’ve heard it once and you’ll hear it again, breakfast is the most important meal of the day- And my personal favorite.
You want your breakfast to have protein and complex carbs to keep you nice and full.
Of course, I also want it to taste delicious and get my day off to a fantastic start. I have the worlds largest sweet tooth, so I am a big fan of pancakes, french toast, etc.
This recipe combines all of the above in one tasty little package.
I’ll admit it, as I was making these I thought to myself “…these are about to taste like cardboard…” But I have never been to happy to be wrong! (and I hate being wrong…) They taste so indulgent yet provide great nutrition. This one won’t let you down.
An ENTIRE stack of pancakes that give your 17 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber…for less than 300 calories? Oh yes.
This recipe only makes one serving, but can easily be scaled up.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Yield: 1 large stack (~4-5 medium pancakes)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup quick oats, ground to oat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp mini chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp light whipped topping
- In a mixing bowl, using a whisk, froth egg whites. You will begin to see a more white color (rather than clear/yellow tint) and tiny bubbles form.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet and spray with non-stick spray. Use about 1/4 cup batter to form each pancake. Cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes, until golden.
- Top with mini chocolate chips and whipped topping. Syrup if desired.
Nutrition Information: 275 calories, 7g fat, 34g carbohydrates (5g fiber), 17g protein
These immediately made the usual post-workout weekend brunch menu.
Side Note: Big shout out to Momma Kokx for the teal whisk! Whisking all of the things…..