Packed with 15 grams of protein and made in just 5 minutes! These cookie dough protein bars are made with just a few simple ingredients that will give you a boost of fuel AND satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time!
Why This Recipe Works
I LOVE all things cookie dough and could eat a log of the Tollhouse stuff on the daily. Now, with intuitive eating I have FULL permission to do that...but... that wouldn't feel great so I have no desire to do that!
These chocolate chip cookie dough protein bars are fabulous for meal prep since they store super well in the fridge and make for easy, delicious & nourishing snacking. Or? Crumble them up into yogurt or on a smoothie!
- Cashew butter. Cashew butter will give you the most cookie dough like flavor, but you can really use any nut butter!
- Vanilla protein powder. Any flavor will technically work as it will just change the flavor of your bar, but I like vanilla. Different protein powders tend to have different densities so what you use may require you to adjust the liquid in these bars a bit. I used Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey for these. I've used this brand in some of my other protein powder recipes like my blueberry protein muffins, chocolate protein donuts, easy quick & banana protein shake, overnight protein oats and banana protein muffins.
- Flour. You're going to want to heat treat your flour so it's safe to eat raw. To do this just bake it at 350 for about 5 minutes on a baking sheet!
How To Make This Recipe
Mix together all of the ingredients, minus the water, in a large mixing bowl. Mix this together well, it should be on the dryer side.
Slowly add in your water, the "dough" will become more wet and start to stick together. I recommend using your hands to really get in there!
Fold in any of your mix-ins, like chocolate chips to make these chocolate chip protein bars. Knead it with your hands until it starts to stick together.
Press into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and then place in the fridge.
After a few hours of firming in the fridge, cut into ~8 bars and DEVOUR.
High Protein Cookie Dough Bar FAQ's
Like I mentioned, I usually use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. However I have also tried Garden Of Life Raw Protein Powder, which is a plant-based option. I find that a lot of protein powders give different textures, and the Garden Of Life one was very, hmmm, silky? Where as the Optimum was more firm and chewy. Both great, just depends what you're wanting! Adjust the water as needed, always start with less and slowly add more.
Certainly! I use cashew butter when I make this recipe because the flavor is the most buttery and mild, closely matching cookie dough's flavor. However totes go for it with peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter, etc! Your flavor will just obviously be a little different! But, hey, not a bad thing!
Sure! Simply take 1-2 tbsp of the dough and form it into a ball! Voila! Cookie dough protein balls!
After I cut the bars I place them back in the fridge. I usually keep them in there for 5-7 days, or you can throw them in the freezer for a couple months. If you want a chewier cookie dough protein bar let them sit out for, oh, 5-10 minutes before eating!
- Try adding different mix-ins like a sprinkles, nuts, white chocolate chips, etc. These are super customizable so get creative!
- Sprinkle a little flaky salt on top for a super fancy and delicious vibe.
Other Recipes You Might Like
If you love this recipe be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and a comment below!
Want to learn more about intuitive eating and finding food freedom so that you too can feel comfortable enjoying ALL foods without guilt, stress or anxiety and in ways that feel good? Get started by taking this quiz which will give you a personalized workbook to stop dieting and get started!
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 2/3 cup vanilla protein powder (2-3 scoops total)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour (heat treated, see notes)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp water or milk
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Prepare a loaf pan by lightly spraying with non-stick spray then lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, minus the water & chocolate chips and mix until well combined. The mixture should be pretty thick and dense.
- Slowly add in your water (amount will depend on your cashew butter and protein powder density), mixture will become more wet and start to stick together. When it sticks together stop! I recommend going very slow, you do NOT want it to be too wet. You can use more if you need!
- Knead the dough with your hands if needed until it sticks together.
- Add in any mix ins, like the chocolate chips, sprinkles, etc.
- Take the dough and press it into your prepared loaf pan. Press HARD. Use all your might! You want these to be very firm and dense!
- Place in the fridge for 1-3 hours before cutting into 8 bars and enjoying!
May sub other nut butters.
May use whatever type of milk and flour you like best or have on hand.
Store in an air tight container for 5-7 days in the fridge, or place in the freezer for a few months.
Get creative and mix in whatever things you like! Try using sprinkles for a funfetti type of protein bar, or add some nuts!
Flour Note: You're going to want to heat treat your flour so it's safe to eat raw. To do this just bake it at 350 for about 5 minutes on a baking sheet!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 15g
This blog post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a product link, I may receive a commission. All opinions are my own, and all brands featured represent what I personally like and support. This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program where I earn advertising fees by linking to amazon.com.