When you think hash browns what you do think?
Greasy? Starchy? Unhealthy?
That doesn’t have to be the case. This recipe for loaded veggie hash browns will give your breakfast the swift kick it needs to go from heavy to healthy.
Loaded Veggie Hash
Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small potato, washed & scrubbed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced
- S & P to taste
- Optional: Garlic/Garlic Powder
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized skillet
- While oil is heating, grate potatoes and carrot. Combine in a bowl with onion and pepper.
- Add salt and pepper to veggies. Garlic or garlic powder may be added here as well.
- Add veggies to heated oil, tossing to coat.
- Cook for ~5-7 minutes, flipping veggies every few minutes
- Once crisp, remove from heat and serve warm
Nutrition Information: 150 calories, 3g fat, 29g carbohydrate (5g fiber!), 3g protein
Pair this hash with a gorg runny yolk and some bacon, like I did, and you’re ready to take on the day. Which for me will consist of running errand and packing for South Carolina! Nothing too exciting, just a work conference =[ None the less, I’m up for a change of scenery.