Sweet tooth is my middle name, and I have no shame. If cookies were a socially acceptable meal, I would eat them for one… and I know I am not the only one!
*Enter Recipe Below*
A giant, warm bowl of no-bake cookie….oatmeal? Yup.
I have oatmeal nearly every morning. It’s a great course of complex carbs, which keep you full a lot longer than simple carbs- such as a sugary cereal or white toast. The flavor of a bowl of oatmeal is super easy to change up by adding whatever mix-ins your heart desires that day and protein can be easily added.
For this recipe I added some natural peanut butter for healthy fats and an egg white for an extra protein punch, making it an very well-rounded breakfast.
Joe may have looked at me a little strange when I brought this chocolate concoction to the couch at 8am — don’t judge.. it was a lazy day! But as they say these days “Sorry not sorry” (I am a grandma in a 20-something’s body….)
No-Bake Cookie Oatmeal
Yield: 1 serving
- ½ cup oats (I like a mix of quick and old-fashioned)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened cashew)
- 1/3 cup water (may use more milk)
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- In a cereal-sized bowl, combine oats, brown sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add milk, water and egg white whisking until just combined.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes until desired consistency is reached (and egg white is cooked)
- Top with peanut butter and any other toppings your desire
Nutrition Information: 326 calories, 12g fat, 44g carbohydrate, 17g protein
Dig in guilt-free!!