These indulgent red velvet cookie dough bites are sweet, rich, and fun to eat! Chunks of white chocolate are folded into cream cheese, vanilla, cocoa powder, and brown sugar to create the tasty treats you will enjoy.
Why This Recipe Works
This recipe for red velvet cookie dough bites is so easy to make. Create your own delicate truffles rich in cocoa flavors for the holidays like Valentine’s Day, the Fourth of July, or Christmas, special occasions, or just whenever you want to treat yourself to a lovely little snack.
A bundle of easy ingredients is rolled into these delicate treats–don’t be intimidated by this recipe! With just some simple steps that are super relaxed and straightforward, you can create your own indulgent red velvet bites. You won’t be able to get enough of them.
- Butter– Make sure the butter is at room temperature so it is easy to mix with the other ingredients.
- Cream Cheese– You will also want to make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature or it will not easily mix!
- Sugar–Both brown and white sugars are used for this recipe give it additional sweetness!
- Vanilla– Rich and pure vanilla extract allows these cookie dough bites to be rich and delicious. Vanilla is a must for all sweet recipes.
- All-Purpose Flour– A little bit of heat-treated flour is used for these bites to make sure they stick together and resemble that yummy soft cookie texture.
- Cocoa Powder– Did you know red velvet is just cocoa powder with food coloring? Cocoa powder allows red velvet to be ultra rich and satisfactory.
- Red Food Coloring– Use your favorite type of red food coloring to make these cookie dough bites as vibrant as they can be! The brighter, the better!
- White Chocolate Chips– Sweetened white chocolate chips give a little bit of texture and additional sweetness to these truffles. Feel free to use any kind of chocolate or chopped chocolate pieces.
How to Make This Recipe
Seriously, these treats are so dazzling and great for any type of occasion!
Step One: First, heat treat the flour by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the flour into a baking pan and bake for five minutes.
Remove the flour from the oven and allow it to completely cool prior to use.
Step Two: In a stand mixer or with a bowl and electric beaters, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugars, and vanilla.
Step Three: Next, add the cocoa powder, flour, and salt into the creamed butter. Mix everything until it is fully combined.
Step Four: Add the red food coloring until you get a nice deep red hue. Roughly chop the white chocolate chips into tiny pieces and fold them into the batter.
Take one tablespoon of dough and gently roll it into an evenly smooth round ball.
Enjoy these red velvet cookie dough bites immediately or store them in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Yes, these cookie dough bites are definitely safe to eat! Not only are these bites made without eggs, but the flour is heat-treated, too!
You can enjoy these cookie dough bites immediately if you like soft textures, but if you want them a little firmer, you can chill them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to an hour.
Yes, it is best to refrigerate these cookie dough bites so they will last longer!
- Be sure to heat-treat the flour to remove any pathogens from it! If you do not bake the flour, then these bites will not be safe to eat.
- Store these cookie dough bites in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Sprinkle these bites with powdered sugar before serving.
- To prevent the dough from sticking on your hands, place a little bit of oil on them before rolling the dough.
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
Red Velvet Cookie Dough Bites
- ¼ cup butter room temperature
- ¼ cup cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.75 cups all-purpose flour heat treated- see recipe
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- red food coloring
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips + additional if desired for pressing into the balls at the end
- To heat treat flour, bake it for 5 minutes in a 13×9 pan at 350 degrees F. Allow to cool fully,
- In a stand mixer or a bowl with electric beaters cream together butter, cream cheese, sugars and vanilla.
- Add in cocoa powder, flour and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add in red food coloring until you get a deeper red color.
- Roughly chop your white chocolate chips.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Take 1 tbsp of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining dough.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for later!
click To display nutrition info