Simple & Quick Chicken and Broccoli
Yield: 1 serving
- 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (Divided)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup brown rice, dry
- 1/2 bag frozen Broccoli
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Roughly dice chicken. In a small container coat chicken in 1 tbsp soys sauce and 1 garlic clove (either minced or use a garlic press) Let set for >1 hour.
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions.
- Heat a large skillet with non-stick spray, add marinated chicken, cooking for ~3-5 minutes until cooked through. Remove from skillet.
- In the now empty skillet, add broccoli, onion and water. Top skillet with lid and allow to cook for ~4-5 minutes until broccoli softens.
- Next, add chicken to broccoli. Add remaining 1 tbsp soy sauce (Additional garlic clove optional- but encouraged!!) Add 1-2 tbsp additional water to deglaze skillet if necessary.
- Once broccoli/chicken is heated through, serve along side brown rice.
Nutrition Information: 375 calories, 4g fat, 50g carb, 39g protein