1. Combine coconut butter, shredded coconut, vanilla and maple syrup in a medium sized bowl (instructions for coconut butter in the notes section)
2. Mix all ingredients well. I like to use my hands to really work it together. It may seem tough at first, but as the coconut butter warms up it will mix easier.
3. Using a tablespoon take scoops of the coconut mixture, roll into a ball, then flatten in to an egg shape. Place on a plate lined with wax paper.
4. Repeat this process with remaining coconut mixture.
5. If your coconut mixture is warm from mixing place them in the freezer for ~5-10 minutes to firm up.
6. In a separate small bowl combine chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir and avoid burning.
7. Take firmed coconut eggs and dip in the chocolate to cover. Repeat with remaining eggs. Sprinkle with coconut or sprinkles if desired.
8. Allow chocolate to cool fully, I like to place them in the fridge for ~10 minutes.
9. Bit into them and enjoy! Store in the fridge for ~1 week, otherwise freeze them for later!