These 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies are chewy, sweet, and full of protein thanks to creamy peanut butter! Mix things up and add chocolate chips, coconut, nuts and much more.
Why This Recipe Works
This recipe for breakfast cookies is insanely delicious, soft, and so easy to make with only three ingredients: peanut butter, oats, and fresh banana.
Enjoy these 3 ingredient oatmeal banana cookies for a quick breakfast on the go, filling snack, or tasty dessert. Your choice!
Three ingredient oatmeal peanut butter cookies are full of protein to keep you full while you handle all of the important (or unimportant) things you need to take care of.
- Banana: Make sure to use a spotty ripe banana for the best sweet flavors. The spottier the banana, the more flavorful it is! The size of the banana also depends on how many cookies will be made.
- Oats: Old-fashioned oats are baked until they are tender and perfectly chewy. I have not tried any other oats for this recipe.
- Peanut Butter: I like to use natural creamy butter because it is rich and the most flavorful in my opinion, but any kind of peanut butter will work! Be sure to stir the peanut butter if it is the natural oily kind.
- Chocolate Chips: Use either chocolate or white chocolate chips for a hint of chocolate!
- Nuts: Chopped pecans, walnuts, and almonds would taste delicious in these 3 ingredient cookies.
- Shredded Coconut: Nutty shredded coconut would give these cookies bold flavors of coconut that would make them smooth and enjoyable.
- Fruit: Dried fruit such as cranberries, raisins, or freshly chopped apples would be great in this recipe!
How to Make This Recipe
Step One: First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, mash the soft banana with either a potato masher or fork. Mash until it is smooth.
Step Two: Next, add the oats and peanut butter. Mix the mixture with a wooden spatula until fully combined.
If adding extra ingredients, this is where you would add them.
Step Three: Take some of the cookie dough, roll it into a ball, and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten the dough.
Repeat until all of the dough has been used.
Step Four: Top the cookies with additional mix-ins and bake the cookies in the oven for ten minutes until the edges are golden brown.
Remove the cookies from the hot oven and allow them to cool prior to enjoying.
Most cookies are made with eggs, oil, butter, and sometimes applesauce to make them moist and tender. This recipe is made with only three ingredients and the banana and peanut butter make these cookies moist!
Be sure to measure the ingredients properly and do not overbake the cookies!
- Store the leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for five days. Store the cookies in the refrigerator for one week.
- Freeze the cookies a freezer-safe bag in the freezer for three months.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg for extra flavors.
- A large banana may make more cookies than one small banana.
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don't forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
- 1 banana (ripe & spotty!)
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (I used natural peanut butter)
- Optional: ¼ cup chocolate chips, shredded coconuts, nuts, etc.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mash banana well.
Add oats and peanut butter. Mix well.
Optional: add in ~¼ cup of mix-ins such as chocolate chips, nuts, shredded coconut, etc.
Take ~2 tbsp of the “dough”, roll it into a ball, and flatten into a cookie shape. I like to add a bit more of the mix-ins (if I added any) to the top so that you can see them (Such as pressing a few chocolate chips into the top!)
Place your cookies on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool fully and enjoy!
Your yield may depend on the side of your banana- a bigger banana may yield an additional cookie VS a smaller one.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g
Nutrition info is provided for Google. You get to determine what your portion size is each and every day. There is no right or wrong.