Some days just call for cookie dough, ya' feel me? And while I've been known to dive into a package of store bought, break apart stuff without guilt- chocolate chip or sugar are my FAVE!- most days I prefer to snack on something a little more nourishing. The solution? These easy cookie dough bites!
These easy cookie dough bites are made with oats, whole wheat flour, honey and your favorite nut or seed butter. I used SunButter for this recipes because I've developed a slight addiction to it. The flavor is seriously UH-maze.
I opted to add mini-chocolate chips and make these chocolate chip cookie dough bites. But, you can totally make these any sort of cookie dough bites you want. Want to throw in some coconut? Go for it. White chocolate and macadamia nuts? By my guest. M & M's? Okay, might need to do that one next time. You get the point though, they're totally customizable!
Okay, so I mentioned that these were a little more nourishing that the store bought stuff, right? Here's why:
- They're made with whole grains- oats and whole wheat flour. This gives them a boost of feel-full fiber VS using the regular white stuff. Fiber helps to keep you satisfied for longer, which I am ALL about.
- They're a FAB source of healthy fats. Like I said, I used SunButter for these which provides you with healthy fats to, again, satisfy and keep you full.
- They use less sugar. Now, sugar isn't "bad". It's quite delicious, actually. You know me, everything in moderation! And that's exactly what these easy cookie dough bites have- sugar in moderation. They're sweetened with just a little honey! This will prevent you from experiencing a dreaded sugar crash and feeling less than fab. Come on, we've all been there!
Round up these ingredients- there are only 5!- and get to making yourself a batch of these STAT! Plus, I've even got a coupon to save you $1 on the SunButter- SCORE!
I highly recommend doubling this recipe and throwing some in the freezer or sharing with others...cause I NEVER regretted having extra cookie dough around now that I am living a No Food Rules lifestyle!
Don't forget to pin this recipe to your Pinterest board for later and share it with your friends!
- ⅓ cup quick oats
- ⅓ cup wheat flour
- ⅓ cup Nut or Seed Butter (I use SunButter)
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Place oats in a food processor and process until the oats become a very fine powder.
- Next, add in flour, butter, and honey. Pulse a few times to get everything mixed, then process on medium until smooth.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and fold in chocolate chips
- Take 1-2 tbs of dough and form a ball
To make gluten free you can sub gluten free flour.
If using almond flour you may need to additional flour.
You may also swap out the chocolate chips for whatever type of cookie you’d like to make!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
**This blog post has been sponsored by SunButter. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own**
Looking for most recipes like this? You might like these: