The age-old questions: Make VS Buy
Yeah, having food made from scratch may be ideal, but it just isn’t always going to happen.
For instance, I am not going to make my own yogurt or almond milk. I’ve heard it’s pretty simple, but for me, I’ll pass. You have to consider the time, effort, and cost of making something yourself. After all, I am a busy lady with student loans.
And that’s okay, to each their own.
What IS on my always make VS buy list: Granola.
Why? Let me tell you, because it is:
- Super simple
- Dirt cheap
Plus, it makes your whole house smell delicious
Never tried your hand at making your own granola? Give it a try with this simple banana flax version. You won’t be disappointed!
Banana Flax Granola
- 1 banana ripe
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- Preheat oven to 350; spray 2 baking sheets with non-stick spray, set aside
- In a small bowl, mash banana well. Add in honey, coconut oil, and vanilla, stirring until well combined.
- In a large bowl combine remaining, dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and toss to coat.
- Spread mixture between 2 baking sheets, one even layer on each.
- Bake for a total of ~25 minutes, stirring granola every 5-10 minutes
- Store in an air tight container in a cool, dry place
click To display nutrition info
Now, whether you make or buy the yogurt, milk, or ice cream, I’ll leave that up to you 😉