If there is one recipe that everyone should have in their back pocket it’s a killer pie recipe. Not only is pie delicious, let’s face it, they can be down right impressive. And that’s exactly what I have for you today with this fresh strawberry pie with an oatmeal cookie crust. Yup, you read that right: Oatmeal. Cookie. Crust. Let me just give you a second to wipe your drool.
All good? Good. Back to the pie. Earlier this summer I dragged the fiance strawberry picking and, let me tell you, there is no better smell than that of a strawberry patch during peak season. Y-U-M! We walked out of the patch with muddy shoes (it had JUST rained), stained hands, and 12 pounds of summery strawberry goodness- totally worth it! My first thought when we drove home was “I’ve GOT to make a pie!” Well, I made four. Tweaking the recipe a little each time, I happily present you with the perfect finished product! Totes not mad about recipe testing this one to perfection 😉
Oatmeal cookie in place of regular crust is such a fun spin on your typical strawberry pie. It’s seriously so good that I could eat it by itself. Actually, I ate quite a bit of the dough when making it because it’s THAT delicious.
Since we picked a gazillion pounds (12 is the new gazillion), I’ll definitely be making this one again.
Fresh Strawberry Pie With An Oatmeal Cookie Crust
- Oatmeal cookie crust ingredients
- ½ cup oat flour 2/3 cup quick oats blended
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup applesauce
- Strawberry Filling Ingredients
- 5 cups strawberries whole
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray pie pan with non-stick spray, set aside
- Combine oat flour, oats, sugars, cinnamon and soda in a large bowl, mixing well
- Add in applesauce and evenly coat dry ingredients
- Firmly and evenly press crust mixture into pie pan, bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool fully
- Add strawberries to a large pot over medium-high heat
- While strawberries are heating, combine cornstarch and water, stir until dissolved.
- Lightly mash strawberries once they are hot, slowly stream in cornstarch mixture, stirring well
- Simmer for ~5 minutes, strawberries should be thick and jelly-like
- Pour into cooled crust and refrigerate overnight
Best served chilled.
click To display nutrition info
Don’t have strawberries on hand at the moment? No worries, be sure to pin it to your Pinterest board for later!
Leave a Reply