I don’t really meal prep. I’ve told you guys that before so I am sure that is zero percent shocking. What I DO do is meal plan. I make sure that I have something on hand for each day that can be made in about 30 minutes or less. I stick to a super simple dinner formula of three components: protein, carb, and non-starchy vegetable. This makes meal planning a BREEZE since I don’t necessarily have to think of an actual recipe- just the components! Recently I had this super simple sheet pan butternut, brussels, and sausage dinner which hit ALL of the marks and tasted delicious. It basically screams cozy winter night meal! Which is exactly what we need right now- as much as I hate to admit it (summer will be here one day….)
If you ARE a meal prep-er, you could totally make this and divide it up to have for dinner or even lunches. And, guys, I haven’t even mentioned the best part yet…. there is next to ZERO dishes!!!! Usually I don’t mind doing the dishes but lately it’s been the LAST thing that I want to do. So, this meal is the perfect solution for me.
I used butternut squash for this sheet pan meal, but you could swap out whatever squash you like best. Sweet potatoes would also work deliciously! Same with the brussels- carrots, broccoli, cauliflower- they’d all be fab.
For the sheet pan butternut, brussels, and sausage dinner I used Gilbert’s Craft Sausage’s bourbon apple sausage- it’s one of my faves! I stand by these sausages as the most flavorful ones out there. And, they’re just super convenient in their perf packs.
If you haven’t gotten to meal planning for this week, no worries! Pin this recipe and it’ll always be there for you when you get into a pinch!
When you make this head on over to Instagram and post a picture in your stories or on your feed and tag me! I’ll feature YOU in my stories! I love seeing what you all make!
Sheet Pan Butternut, Brussels, and Sausage
- 1 package 4 Gilbert’s Bourbon Apple Chicken Sausages, sliced
- 1 lbs brussel sprouts cut in half
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 medium butternut squash cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place brussels sprouts, onions, and butternut squash onto the sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lightly toss to evenly coat with olive oil.
- Place sheet pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove sheet pan from oven, lightly toss veggies, and add sausage. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
click To display nutrition info
**This blog post has been sponsored by Gilbert’s Craft Sausages. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own**