Quick, nourishing, and delicious weeknight dinners. They’re like GOLD, am I right? I’m always searching for new ways to change up my weekly dinner routine because, honestly, even I get into ruts! Have you ever found yourself in the same boat? If you said “yes”, then this recipe for simple & quick turkey bolognese is for you! And if you said “no”? PUH-LEASE teach me your ways!
Bolognese sounds super impressive to me. It makes me think of Julia Child or a fancy Italian restaurant. In other words, it sort of makes me think who the HECK am I, a simple mid-western girl, to be making such a fancy dish? The answer to that question: the perfect person! Seriously guys, “bolognese” sounds intimidating, but it’s sort of stupid simple.
One of the best parts of this recipe is that I literally had to buy NOTHING for it. The ingredients are pantry staples that you likely already have, like canned tomatoes, garlic, and onion.
Here are a few reasons that I’m totally obsessed with this dish:
- Like I mentioned, it’s crazy easy. You need zero expert cooking skills to make it!
- Super Simple Ingredients. You can find them all in your pantry right now I bet!
- Loaded with veggies. You can even fold in some spinach if you want.
- High protein. Which means you’ll feel full and your muscles will love it.
- Um, it’s delicious! Obviously it’s got to pass the taste test, and it sure did!
This simple & quick turkey bolognese is like classic spaghetti got a makeover. Fresh, nourishing ingredients, delicious taste and packed with nutrition! I’m. In. Love.
After you make this recipe once you’ll want to work it into your meal routine EVERY week! it’s that good guys.
Simple & Quick Turkey Bolognese
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, simmer garlic and onion in ~1/4 cup water until translucent and aromatic, ~2 minutes
- Add ground turkey to the saucepan and cook for ~5minutes, breaking up with a spatula and incorporating onions. Turkey should lose it’s pinkness.
- Add in carrot and celery, cook for an additional ~3 minutes, mixing all saucepan contents together until evenly distributed. You may need to add a few tablespoons of water here in order for veggies to soften.
- Lastly add crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes until tomatoes thicken slightly to create a sauce.
- Serve over pasta of choice!
click To display nutrition info
Be sure to stash this little piece of gold away on your Pinterest board so you don’t lose it! Honestly, you might cry if you do- and I’d probably cry for you.