Saturday’s are crock-pot days in my household. And it is such a lifesaver!
Sometimes I have to laugh at how regimented Joe and I are. I just really love routine.
Using the crock-pot frees up SO much time. I don’t have to think about making time to prep dinner, which on Saturdays is super helpful because I feel like that is key errand day- along with most likely every other person in the world, since every store is packed like a can of sardines.
I recently made this spinach & white bean chicken chili which got rave reviews. Super simple & super healthy. It is low enough in calories so you can have a large bowl- none of that tiny portion size that doesn’t fill you up. It’s also packed with protein and fiber, leaving you feeling full.
And I mean, is there really anything better than a nice, hot bowl of chili on a cold winter day? That’d be a negative.
Serving ideas: Top with cheese, tortilla chips, or croutons; serve with bread, tortilla chips, or pita
Spinach & White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- S & P to taste
- 1 1/2 cup fresh spinach chopped
- Combine all ingredients, minus spinach, into crock pot.
- Cook for ~8 hrs on low, or ~4 hrs on high.
- Prior to serving, shred chicken with two forks (It should shred easily when it is finished)
- Once chicken is shredded add spinach
- Taste chili and add any additional spices to fit your liking (more chili powder or red pepper flakes for heat)
- Cook on low for an additional 20-30 minutes, until spinach in wilted
- Serve warm.
click To display nutrition info
Leave a Reply