These fluffy Bisquick pumpkin pancakes are warm, sweet, and filled with spicy fall flavors! Easy and ready in minutes, this easy pancakes recipe is perfect!
Why This Recipe Works
Are you wanting to wake up and smell the delicate flavors of fall with your favorite pancake recipe? Forget all of the extra work with measuring different dry ingredients for these flapjacks–make your own pumpkin pancakes with Bisquick!
Pancakes are a great way to start the day especially when they are filled with aromatic spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg. Pair the spices with pumpkin? Lifechanging.
I wanted something simple to prepare on those mornings when I don't feel like doing a ton of prep work. These pumpkin pancakes are a sneak peek at what I recommend for those who are a part of my intuitive eating community: they are satisfying, comforting, and filling.
- Baking Mix: You can use your choice of any baking mix, I like use Bisquick which can be found at most well-stocked grocery stores in the baking aisles.
- Pumpkin Puree: Be sure not to mistake pumpkin pie mix for pumpkin puree. The two cans will have different labels.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: A delicate mix of warm spices such as nutmeg, clove, allspice, cinnamon, etc.
How to Make This Recipe
Treat yourself or a loved one to these easy pumpkin pancakes with Bisquick! You'll never want to go back to those other pumpkin pancakes.
Preheat a griddle or heat a pan.
Step Two: In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients except for the butter, maple syrup, and pecans.
Step Three: Spray the griddle or pan with nonstick spray and pour some of the batter onto the surface. Cook the pancakes until they are golden brown.
Top with crushed pecans, maple syrup, or butter!
Pancake mixes contain extra sugar, but we add sugar to this Bisquick recipe so there is extra sweetness in these pancakes.
There could be a variety of reasons as to why the pancakes are not fluffy such as the batter having too much liquid or being left out too long. Be sure to use the batter immediately after you prepare it!
You can easily substitute the eggs with flax eggs! Just combine one tablespoon of flax meal with three tablespoons of water.
You want your pancake batter to be thick, but not TOO thick! The thicker the batter, the fluffier the pancakes.
- If you like thinner pancakes, you can add a little more milk. See the recipe card for details!
- Store the leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Top these pumpkin pancakes with your favorite homemade or storebought whipped cream.
- Serve with fresh apple slices for extra fall flavors.
- Be sure the pan or griddle is properly preheated before adding the pancake batter!
- For a gluten-free recipe, use 1:1 gluten-free flour mix.
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don't forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
Other Recipes You Will Like
- 1 cups baking mix, such as Bisquick
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- ½ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Butter, maple syrup, crushed pecans, for topping (optional)
Preheat a griddle to 375 degrees F or heat a pan over medium-high heat
Into medium-large bowl, mix all ingredients except toppings (baking mix, pumpkin puree, milk, egg, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and sugar) until smooth. Your batter will be on the thicker side, this is good!
Spray your griddle or pan with cooking spray and pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Spread this out a bit since your batter is thick to ~4” circles. Cook for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Top with crushed pecans, butter and maple syrup! Enjoy!
If you like thinner pancakes you can increase milk to ⅔ cup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 826mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 8g
Nutrition info is provided for Google. You get to determine what your portion size is each and every day. There is no right or wrong.