Learn how to make the yummiest, richest edible brownie batter with this easy recipe. Made without flour and totally safe to eat–eating brownie batter is never been more delicious! This edible batter is rich and super moist with fudgy chocolate flavors that chocolate lovers love!
Why This Recipe Works
Let’s face it: the brownie batter is the best part about making brownies. Edible brownie batter is the best thing that has ever happened! Smooth, creamy, rich with chocolate flavors, what’s not to like about it?
This easy edible brownie dough is made without flour and tastes way better than boxed brownie mix! Not only is this batter simply pleasing to the tastebuds, but it’s ready in minutes!
Eating brownie batter after a long (or easy) day is one of the best things we can do for ourselves. With just a few steps, this batter recipe is a simple snack or dessert that you will want to turn to every single time!
Ingredients like sweet sticky honey, cocoa powder, creamy almond butter, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips and chunks, come together to create an edible batter that tastes just like the real thing.
Let’s just say it’s hard to eat just one serving of this edible dough recipe. Make yourself plenty of servings to last you throughout the week!
- Almond Butter: Creamy almond butter allows this edible brownie batter to be rich with protein and extra moist and soft. I like to use the “natural” kind of almond butter because it is so creamy. You can use creamy peanut or cashew butter for this recipe, too.
- Honey: Local honey is a great sweetener for this recipe because it is not too sweet but sweet enough. Feel free to use vegan honey or maple syrup in place of the honey.
- Oat Flour: Make your own oat flour by blending rolled oats in a blender or food processor. Easy peasy! Oat flour allows this brownie recipe to be fluffy and soft.
- Cocoa Powder: Rich cocoa powder gives this batter tasty chocolate flavors. You can use cacao powder in place of cocoa if needed or desired.
- Vanilla Extract: Pure vanilla extract is a staple is all of my baking recipes because it transforms any dish. The vanilla in this recipe is the perfect addition to the chocolate flavors.
- Milk: Use 2% or any kind of milk for this recipe. Dairy-free music like soy or oat milk can also be used. You can also use water in place of the milk.
- Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Chunks: I use milk chocolate chips and chunks, but dark chocolate can be used. Using both chocolate chips and chunks makes this single-serving brownie recipe extra rich in chocolate with yummy textures.
How to Make This Recipe
Step One: First, add the almond butter, honey, blended oat flour, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt to a large bowl.
Step Two: Mix with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until the brownie batter is just combined and smooth.
Step Three: Next, add the tablespoon of milk to make the batter moist and stick together.
Step Four: Mix all of the ingredients again with the mixer or a wooden spoon until just mixed.
Step Five: Finally, fold in the chocolate chunks and chips until well combined.
Step Six: Then, transfer the brownie batter to individual serving bowls. Top with extra chocolate chips if desired. Enjoy!
Brownie batter that contains flour and raw eggs is not safe, but edible brownie batter recipes, such as this one, are safe to eat since they do not contain eggs or flour!
You can store the leftover brownie batter in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
If you would like to freeze some extra servings for whenever you need your next pick-me-up, you can freeze some brownie batter! Just make sure it is in a freezer-safe container and allow it to thaw the refrigerator.
Tips and Variations
- Make a vegan brownie batter by using maple syrup in place of the honey and dairy-free milk, chocolate chips, and chunks.
- Serve this brownie batter either warm or at room temperature. Make it extra delicious and serve with chocolate sauce, ice cream, or whipped cream.
- Make a vanilla batter by omitting the cocoa powder and leaving the chocolate chips out if you would like. Leaving them in would be delicious!
- Make oat flour by placing the oats in a blender and blend them until they are a very fine texture.
If you love this edible brownie batter recipe, then be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below telling me what your favorite pancake topping is!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
Edible Brownie Batter
- ½ cup creamy almond butter I like to use natural almond butter because of the creamier consistency
- ½ cup honey
- ⅔ cup oat flour blend oats in a blender until a VERY fine powder
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chocolate chunks
- Add almond butter, honey, oat flour, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt to a medium sized bowl.
- Mix everything together (I like to use an electric hand mixer- you want it to be totally uniform and smooth!)
- Then add in 1 tbsp of milk.
- Mix again until uniform, this will make your brownie batter a bit thinner.
- Now fold in your mini chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- Top with additional mini chips and chocolate chunks and enjoy!
- I like to use natural almond butter because of the creamier consistency
- Blend oats in a blender until a VERY fine powder
click To display nutrition info