A super fudgy brownie for one that cooks in just 60 seconds! This vegan mug brownie recipe is perfect for everyone- vegan or not!
Why I Love This Recipe
Mug cakes, are my jam. And now? Mug brownies are my jam. I absolutely love my bakery style brownie recipe and air fryer brownies recipe, but sometimes you just don’t want to make an entire batch of brownies? Ya feel me? This (accidentally!) vegan mug brownie is the perfect solution!
I love that this vegan microwave brownie has little to no clean up since it’s all made right there in one dish! The LAST thing I want to do when I’m satisfying my sweet tooth (especially at night) is do a bunch of dishes. Ya feel me? Actually, same thing goes for morning- which is why I made a 2 minute mug pancake recipe too!
- Flour. You can substitute whole wheat flour or 1:1 gluten free flour. I wouldn’t recommend using anything else like almond flour or coconut flour. These have different properties (density, absorption, etc) and likely won’t give you the result you’re going for here!
- Water/milk. I have used both of these (ran out of milk!) and they both work just fine!
How To Make This Recipe
First, you’re going to want to grab your microwave safe mug and mix together all of the dry ingredients for your vegan mug brownie.
Then, add in your oil, water and vanilla, mixing well.
Top your vegan mug brownie with chocolate chips if desired (highly recommend! mini chocolate chips work best)
Now, cook it in your microwave on high for 60 seconds.
Remove from the microwave and devour!!!
I’d recommend using a 6-8 oz mug for this. A 4oz will likely work but may have some spillover.
This can happen if you don’t measure your ingredients correctly. Since the measurements are so small using, say, a rounded 1/4 tsp of baking powder VS an even 1/4 tsp can make a big difference!
Absolutely! You can totally make this recipe ahead of time and eat it later! You can decide to warm it up again, popping it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds, or eating it cold. Honestly? It tastes fabulous both ways!
Try these delicious toppings for your vegan brownie in a mug!
- peanut butter
- no added sugar blueberry jam
- shredded coconut
- a scoop of ice cream
- a dusting of powdered sugar
Other Recipes You Might Like:
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
1 Minute Vegan Mug Brownie
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp oil canola or melted coconut
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk or water either will work!
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- chocolate chips optional but encouraged!
- Spray a mug of ramekin with non-stick spray (optional but can help!)
- In your mug/ramekin mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add in oil, milk/water and vanilla.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds.
- Dive on in to your vegan mug brownie and enjoy!
click To display nutrition info
Leave a Reply