Pancakes are no longer just for slow, lazy weekend mornings! Have a pancake any day of the week with this 2 minute pancake in a mug recipe!
What You’ll Need For A Mug Pancake
To make this super easy 2 minute recipe you only need a few basic pantry staples that I bet you have on hand:
- Baking powder
How To Make A Pancake In A Mug From Scratch
Making mug pancakes takes all of 2 minutes to make. One minute to mix everything together and one minute to cook in the microwave! Here is what you’ll need to do
- In your mug combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Once the dry ingredients are mixed add in the vanilla and milk, mix well until there are no lumps.
- Pop your mug with the pancake mix into the microwave and cook for 60 seconds.
- Remove from your pancake in a mug from the microwave and top with maple syrup, berries, yogurt or whatever your fave pancake toppings are!
I love to make this super easy recipe just to add a little something something to the ordinary work week, ya know? And since I don’t usually have time to get the griddle out for, say, my blender oat flour pancakes, this recipe is a life saver! It makes it feel a little bit more like a weekend which helps to reduce stress!
I love to top my pancakes with some of my no sugar added blueberry jam and some maple syrup.
You could also throw in a dash of cinnamon, handful of chocolate chips, or some blueberries for an extra fancy mug pancake!
How To Make A Mug Cake Using Pancake Mix
If you don’t want to make a microwave pancake from scratch, you can totally use pancake mix. For this, take about 1/3 cup pancake mix and add 2-4 tbsp of milk or water, whatever the recipe calls for. The amount of water you need will depend on the pancake mix and how dense it is. Start by adding 2 tbsp and mix, then if the mixture is still thick add another and mix again. If it is still too thick add another tbsp. Final pancake batter should be medium thick, but still able to run off of the fork/spoon when you lift it up.
Mug Pancake FAQ’s
Can I use another type of flour?
This mug pancake recipe will work with all purpose flour, wheat flour, or gluten free flour. You could also make some oat flour and use that as well! Other flours like almond flour tend to be trickier, you’d likely need to increase to about 1/3 cup flour.
Can I add chocolate chips or blueberries?
Heck yes! Add about 1-2 tbsp of whatever mix in you like!
Can I make a protein pancake in a mug, like Kodiak Cakes?
Yep! Simple sub half of the flour for protein powder if you want to make a protein microwave pancake!
Give this super easy, 2 minute recipe a try! If you like it be sure to leave a star rating and a comment! I love to hear your thoughts!
2 Minute Pancake In A Mug
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk or water I like to use milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a microwave safe mug combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add in vanilla and milk or water, mixing well.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and top with desired topping such as maple syrup, honey, no added sugar blueberry jam, yogurt, etc!
click To display nutrition info
Want more recipes like this? You might like these!
Leave a Reply