This easy, vanilla, vegan, mug cake recipe is made in the microwave within seconds and is such a joy to eat! With or without sprinkles, make this vegan microwave cake whenever you're craving rich flavors of vanilla or even chocolate, peanut butter, banana, or cinnamon!
Why This Recipe Works
Fluffy vanilla vegan mug cake can be made with or without sprinkles for a yummy classic dessert that will make you fall in love. With only a few steps, you will have an easy mug cake recipe ready to be enjoyed with creamy whipped cream or ice cream!
I love to prepare vegan mug cake several ways whenever different cravings hit. My fabulous vegan protein peanut butter mug cake and vegan mug brownie recipes are probably my favorite microwave cakes to make apart from making this recipe in different ways.
This easy mug cake is made with simple pantry ingredients that taste so delicious together. Prepare this soft cake whenever you are feeling your best or whenever you need a pick-me-up!
Cake makes everything better.
- Flour: Simple all-purpose flour is used for this recipe and is perfect for the cake consistency.
- Sugar: Simple granulated sugar is cooked in this easy vegan mug cake to make sure it stays moist and is filled with yummy sweet flavors.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder helps this cake rise until fluffy and helps hold things together to form the cake.
- Oil: Any kind of vegetable oil will work such as melted coconut oil, avocado, grapeseed, olive oil, etc.
- Milk: Any dairy-free milk will work such as soy or cashew. You can also use almond milk. coconut, or any other kind of non-dairy milk.
- Vanilla: Rich vanilla extract gives this cake its tasty vanilla flavors and essence.
Optional: Funfetti sprinkles or any other fun-colored variety!
- Make vegan chocolate mug cake by adding one to two tablespoons of cocoa powder to the dry ingredients. You can also make the vegan brownie mug cake recipe I linked above!
- Add mashed banana to the wet ingredients to give this microwave mug cake a banana flavor.
- Sprinkle some dairy-free chocolate chips in the batter or on top of the mug cake before cooking for small hints of melted chocolate.
- Have fun and make vegan Funfetti cake with Funfetti sprinkles!
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Step One: First, spray a microwave-safe mug or ramekin with nonstick cooking spray. Next, in a small bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
Step Two: Next, add the oil, milk, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Avoid overmixing or the cake will be chewy.
If using sprinkles or chocolate chips, add them to the cake batter and top of the cake. Next, microwave the mug cake for 60 to 90 seconds until the top is no longer wet.
Dive in with a spoon and enjoy either warm or cold!
- For a gluten-free vegan mug cake recipe, be sure to use gluten-free 1:1 flour.
- The cake will be done when an inserted knife comes out of the center of the cake clean.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for four days.
Mug cake can be made with a bunch of different things! Some common ingredients mug cakes are made of include flour, sugar, oil, sometimes cocoa powder, vanilla extract, baking powder, milk, and more.
For the best mug cake, you will want to make sure the mug is not overfilled and keep in mind to undercook the mug cake rather than overcook it. Another great thing to keep in mind is that you can top the mug cake with various ingredients such as fruit, syrup, etc.
If your mug cake exploded, then it is probably due to the mug being filled too high!
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don't forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 45.4 grams
- 1 ½ tablespoon sugar 22.5 grams
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder 1.2 grams
- 2 teaspoons oil (I used vegetable but canola oil works too!) 11.8 grams
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk 28.3 grams
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract 2.5 grams
- Optional: 2.5 teaspoons sprinkles (divided)
First, spray a mug or ramekin with non-stick spray.
Mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix this up really well!
Add oil, milk, and vanilla to the flour mixture and again mix it really well. There should be no lumps!
Fold in 2 tsp of the sprinkles. Then top with remaining .5 tsp of sprinkles.
Microwave for 60-90 seconds.
This blog post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a product link, I may receive a commission. All opinions are my own, and all brands featured represent what I personally like and support. This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program where I earn advertising fees by linking to amazon.com.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
Nutrition info is provided for Google. You get to determine what your portion size is each and every day. There is no right or wrong.