This easy oatmeal apple mug cake is made with fresh apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Incredibly soft and gooey, this apple oat mug cake is the perfect treat for any time of the day!
Why This Recipe Works
If you love apple oatmeal or apple pie, then you will really love this apple oat mug cake. Gluten-free and made with no eggs, this spicy cake is suitable for anyone looking for an eggless dessert or snack!
Tender sweet apples and cinnamon create the ultimate dreamy oatmeal mug cake that is so hard to resist. With intuitive eating, I can eat this apple mug cake whenever I want, in a way that feels good to my body and not feel bad about it because life is too short to miss out on the sweet things. Wouldn’t you agree?
- Apples: Make sure the apples are peeled and diced! Feel free to use any type of apples for this recipe such as Granny Smith, Pink Delicious, etc.
- Flour: I wanted to recipe to mimic apple oatmeal so I used oat flour. Feel free to use wheat flour or all-purpose flour.
- Oats: Old-fashioned oats are used for a delicious creamy texture.
- Oil: Any kind of vegetable oil will work such as avocado, melted coconut, or grapeseed.
- Milk: You can use either dairy or dairy-free milk here. Both results are great!
- Ice Cream: Totally optional, but highly encouraged if you want to experience warm apple cake with a touch of cream.
How to Make This Recipe
This cake is ready in under five minutes! Whenever you’re in the mood for dessert ASAP, you can easily depend on this recipe because the results are incredible.
Step One: First grease the mug with oil spray. Place the diced apples inside of the mug.
Step Two: Next, combine oat flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
Step Three: Add the wet ingredients to the oat mixture. Mix until well combined.
Step Four: Next, pour the oat mixture over the apples and spread evenly over them.
Microwave the apple oatmeal mug cake for two minutes. If desired, top with vanilla ice cream.
Yes! Mug cakes are definitely safe to eat and delicious at the same time.
Yes, due to the baking powder in this recipe, this apple mug cake rises as it cooks in the microwave.
You can enjoy this apple oat mug cake either hot or cold–both options are delicious!
In my personal Gala, Fuji, Granny Smith, Gala apples are excellent for cakes!
You can use either ceramic or any type of microwave-safe ramekin or mug.
- I used a four-ounce ramekin for this apple oatmeal mug cake.
- Keep this mug cake dairy-free by using dairy-free milk and plant-based ice cream.
- Feel free to use bananas, peaches, or pears in this mug cake recipe.
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
Oatmeal Apple Mug Cake
- 1/2 cup apples peeled & diced to ⅛ – ¼ “ pieces
- 3 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 tablespoon old fashioned oats
- 1.5 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1.5 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- vanilla ice cream optional
- Spray a mug (I used a 4oz ramekin) with non-stick spray and place your diced apples inside
- In a separate bowl combine oat flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Now add your wet ingredients to the oat mixture: the oil, milk and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the oat mixture (the mug cake batter!) over the apples. Be sure it’s spread evenly over them.
- Microwave for 2 minutes
- Top with ice cream if desired
click To display nutrition info