This no-churn Cookie Monster ice cream is way better than storebought Bluebell! Crispy chocolate chip cookies, crushed Oreos, and vanilla encompass this smooth and creamy ice cream–you will love this flavor!
Why This Recipe Works
Ever in a mood for cookie ice cream, but don’t have all the tools to churn it? If you’re craving something sweet, then try your hand at this amazing no-churn ice cream recipe. Sweet, creamy, and frozen to perfection, this Cookie Monster ice cream is the ultimate treat for anyone craving dessert.
When I’m in the mood for colorful sweets, I typically make this cookie ice cream or my grasshopper ice cream. Who doesn’t like colorful desserts?
Simple to prepare and way better than any storebought stuff, this flavor of ice cream is one of my absolute favorites!
Pieces of Oreo chocolate cookies are intertwined with creamy, frozen, and sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream: a combination that is satisfying, delish, and tasty. Since I am all about gentle nutrition and balance, this ice cream is great for whenever you just want to treat yourself–which can be often!
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Heavy whipping cream is used for a smooth and creamy cookie ice cream base.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: I like to use the crispy Chips Ahoy cookies because they pair perfectly with the frozen ice cream. Yum!
- Food Coloring: A nice shade of blue to create a similar shade to Bluebell’s Cookie Monster ice cream!
- Oreos: The chocolate kind of extra rich flavors; however, feel free to mix it up!
How to Make This Recipe
Seriously, this no-churn ice cream is the perfect treat for anyone! Did I mention how easy this recipe is?
Step One: First, pour the heavy cream into a large bowl or stand mixer. Next, mix the cream on low then slowly increase the speed. Mix until stiff peaks form.
Step Two: In a separate bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, extract, and food coloring. Mix well. The blue should be dark at this point–it will lighten up!
Step Three: Gently, fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture. Gently stir until combined and no lumps are present.
Next, fold in the crushed Oreos and Chips Ahoy cookies.
Step Four: Pour the ice cream mixture into a large container. Feel free to sprinkle more crushed cookies on top of the ice cream.
Step Five: Freeze the ice cream in the freezer for six to eight hours.
Step Six: Once frozen, remove the ice cream from the freezer.
Typically, Cookie Monster ice cream is created with smooth and enticing vanilla ice cream, blue food coloring, crushed chocolate chip cookies, and Oreos.
The Cookie Monster ice cream flavor is a flavor sold in stores by Bluebell. Popular and delicious, a lot of people enjoy the sweet flavors of Oreos, vanilla ice cream, and chocolate chip cookies.
I love no-churn ice cream because it is so smooth and creamy! The best part is that the steps are minimal and effortless which means you’ll have an easy time creating this recipe.
No-churn ice cream simply means that ice cream that does not require an ice cream machine! With this type of ice cream, all you do is mix the ingredients and place them in an ice cream container or pan.
- The blue is supposed to make the sweetened condensed milk very dark. The heavy cream will lighten it up.
- Feel free to use homemade cookies in this recipe; just make sure they’re crispy!
- This ice cream will last in the freezer for up to two months.
- Make sure the blue gets all mixed in and there are no darker blue streaks it should be even and bright!
- I like to let mine sit out for a few minutes before I eat it to soften a bit, but you can totally dig right in with a spoon! It won’t be a frozen block!
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
Other Recipes You May Like
No-Churn Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 1, 14 ounces can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- blue food coloring
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies ~15 cookies
- 1 cup crushed Chocolate Chip Chips Ahoy Cookies the crispy not the soft/chewy kind! (~15 cookies)
- Pour your heavy whipping cream into a large bowl or stand mixer. Begin to mix on low then slowly increase speed. Mix for ~3 minutes until stiff peaks form and you’ve made whipped cream!
- In a separate large bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, extracts and food coloring. Mix it well. (Note: you want your blue to be pretty blue- a nice royal blue it will lighten up ~50% when you add in the whipped cream. It should be darker!)
- Gently fold in your whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Do not stir this vigorously! You don’t want to reduce the air in the whipped cream. Mix this for ~2-3 minutes until totally uniform and no lumps of whipped cream are present.
- Now, fold in your crushed Oreos and Chips Ahoy cookies.
- Pour your ice cream into a 7+ cup container. I like to add a little more crushed Oreos & Chocolate Chip Cookies on top!
- Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Once frozen remove from the freezer and enjoy!
click To display nutrition info