Need a quick, delicious and affordable dinner option? Instant pot chicken fried rice will become your go-to! Not only is it insanely easy and with little clean-up, it tastes better than take out!
Every Friday in my house is “Fried Rice Friday”. I’m really not sure how this little tradition began, but I’m not complaining, I love it! I mean, by the time Friday rolls around my brain- and any creative juices for cooking- are zapped. So, this super easy pressure cooker chicken fried rice serves as ol’ faithful. Never disappoints! Another one I love to make is this easy chicken broccoli stir fry!
Be sure to take a second and pin this recipe to your Pinterest board. You’re going to want to come back to this one over and over, just like I do! Plus, your friends will thank you for finding it!
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
Making instant pot fried rice couldn’t be easier. Here’s a run-down:
- First, use the sauté setting to cook the chicken.
- Then, add the frozen mixed veggies right on in there.
- Remove the chicken and veggies, place in a separate bowl and then cook the rice in the Instant Pot.
- Once the rice is cooked return to the sauté setting and add in the chicken, veggies, and your eggs.
- BOOM. You’re done!
Why Pressure Cooker Fried Rice?
I’ll be honest with you… I never understood the hype of the Instant Pot. I mean, what was so great about it? Well…. the answer is.. EVERYTHING! You can cook this entire meal of chicken fried rice and only have one pot to clean. Amaze. Here is a really great post on 16 magical ways to use your instant pot if you want to get even more creative!
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice FAQs
What if I don’t have a pressure cooker?
No fear! All of the steps will be the same, but instead of the saute setting you’ll use a large pan or wok over the stove. You can cook the rice in a pot!
Do I have to use chicken?
No! Feel free to use whatever protein source you want. Ground turkey, ground beef, pork, shrimp, tofu, etc. etc. The possibilities are endless!
Can I use brown rice or another grain?
Totally! You will need to adjust the time for cooking the grain of choice. Here is a really great table on pressure cooking times for grains in the Instant Pot!
Can you meal prep pressure cooker chicken fried rice?
Yes, totally! You can prepare a big batch and portion it out to make the weeknights easier or to have lunches packed and ready to go!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bag of mixed veggies
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water or broth
- 2 eggs
- Set the Instant Pot to the sauté setting on high.
- Once hot, add olive oil, soy sauce, and chicken. Add in onion and garlic powders and a dash of salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook chicken for ~10 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure all sides of chicken are cooked.
- Add in frozen mixed veggies and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken & veggies from the Instant pot, set aside.
- Now, place 1 cup uncooked white rice + 1.25 cups of water (or broth) in the instant pot.
- Pressure cook rice + water for 8 minutes and allow to pressure release for ~5 minutes.
- Switch the Instant Pot back to the high sauté setting.
- Add chicken and veggies back into the Instant Pot with the cooked rice and stir.
- Crack 2 eggs into the instant pot and fold the rice mixture a few times, allowing the eggs to cook.
- Once eggs are cooked through, serve and enjoy!
If the rice sticks to the Instant Pot, add a drizzle of water and it will become unstuck!
Feel free to swap out the rice for brown rice or another grain.
May swap out protein source for any other meat or meat alternative.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 7.4gCarbohydrates: 49.4gProtein: 34.5g
Leave a comment with your thoughts on this recipe! Did you make any changes? I’d love to hear!
Happy food rule breaking!
Want more recipes like this? You might like these!