Air fryer carrots are by far the BEST way to eat carrots! Their natural sweetness really gets brought out when you roast carrots in the air fryer. They're also super versatile and in this post I'll give you 5 of my favorite variations, both sweet and savory! The perfect recipe for weekly meal prep!
Why This Recipe Works
Air fryer carrots are one of my FAVORITE things! When you cook carrots in an air fryer their natural sweetness really gets brought out. Plus, they have the perfect amount to crunch to them while still being nice and tender.
I like to make these for dinner regularly but also for a quick lunch side dish. Since they only take about 15 minutes they're super easy to throw together when I'm making a sandwich like my fave avocado egg salad recipe.
I also love to making these as part of meal prep and planning to have on hand for snacking throughout the week. They actually taste SO delicious cold, too!
If you don't yet have an air fryer consider this a sign: you NEED! I'm obsessed with mine and use it pretty much daily- it's the fastest way to cook anything. I have a 6qt Instant Pot Vortex air fryer and love it!
- Carrots. You can use any kind of carrot here. Baby carrots, rainbow carrots, etc!
- Olive oil. Feel free to sub another type of oil like coconut, avocado or canola oil.
How To Make Air Fryer Carrots
Pre-heat your air fryer to 375 degrees. If you don't have a preheat setting let it run at 375 for ~5 minutes to allow it to get up to temperature.
If using whole carrots, peel and slice them. I like to cut them into carrot sticks.
Put your carrots into a bowl and toss with olive oil.
Place carrots into the air fryer basket and top with a pinch of salt.
Cook for 15 minutes, shaking the basket once halfway through.
I usually just buy a 3 lb bag of the larger, full size, unpeeled carrots. This is the most affordable option. Then, I'll peel and cut them. However you can totally use baby carrots or even cut carrot chips. The choice is yours, they'll all work well!
I really love using a wavy cutter. I think it just adds some fun to the carrots! You can also slice them into plain disk/circles or cut into carrot sticks. Again, the choice is totally yours!
If you have leftovers and want to re-heat them you can just pop them into the microwave for 30-60 seconds or air fry them for ~3 minutes at 375 degrees. They won't be as "crisp" when reheated, especially in the microwave, but still tasty! Honestly, though? I usually just eat leftover air fryer carrots cold!
In the fridge: Just pop them into an air-tight container and keep them for up to a week.
In the freezer: Yep! You totally can freeze these if you like! I'd recommend laying them out on a cookie sheet and freezing first, THEN putting them into a freezer bag. This will help prevent them from sticking together. These will stay good for about 9 months!
The possibilities with air fryer carrots are honestly endless! Go traditional and simply use a hint of salt, like I did above, or try one of these fun flavor combos and add a little flair:
- Add honey. Drizzle a little honey onto your carrots at the same time as you put the oil on them. Toss them to coat evenly.
- Season with garlic. Toss a little garlic powder on top of your carrots before roasting, shake them to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with parmesan. I love adding parmesan cheese! I'll usually do this after they're cooked, otherwise your cheese might burn.
- Serve with a dip. If I do carrot sticks or carrot chips I love serving them with my copycat Chick-Fil-A sauce. Kinda sounds strange, but so delish. Try it!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don't forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
- 2 cups carrots (sliced, baby, or chips)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat your air fryer to 375 degrees. If you don't have a preheat setting let it run at 375 for ~5 minutes to allow it to get up to temperature.
- If using whole carrots, peel and slice them. I like to cut them into carrot sticks.
- Put your carrots into a bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Place carrots into the air fryer basket and top with a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 15 minutes, shaking the basket once halfway through.
May use peeled and sliced carrots, carrot chips, or baby carrots.
You can slice your carrots any sort of way: using a wavy cutter, into round disks, or into carrot sticks.
Feel free to add any spices or seasonings, honey and/or garlic powder are great!
This blog post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a product link, I may receive a commission. All opinions are my own, and all brands featured represent what I personally like and support. This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program where I earn advertising fees by linking to amazon.com.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g