Crispy, restaurant style tortilla chips made in just 5 minutes! No oil and the perfect touch of salt, these air fryer tortilla chips can be made with any tortillas you have on hand for a quick snack!
After making tortilla chips in the air fryer, I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to buying them... seriously! When I whipped these up and brought them out to the dinner table along with our taco salads and bowl of guac my husband said "these are EXACTLY like a restaurant!" I already knew that from my taste testing that I'd done in the kitchen, but it was nice to see he agreed!
What You Need To Make Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
Here's the deal. You can use whatever tortillas you want or have on hand, but I preferred using corn tortillas. The flour tortillas just gave me too thick of a chips, more of a pita chip. Gluten free and low carb tortillas might give you a slightly different result, since obviously they're made of different ingredients. Like I said, I liked corn the best.
Okay, go gather these things and let's get to making some homemade tortilla chips in the air fryer!
- Non-stick spray
How To Make Air Fryer Chips From Tortillas
This could NOT be easier. Here we go:
- Cut your tortillas into small triangles. I used taco sized tortillas and cut them into 6 sections.
- Lightly spray the basket of your air fryer with non-stick spray and place your tortilla triangles into it.
- Lightly spray the tortillas with the non stick spray and sprinkle a pinch of salt on top.
- Air fry at 370 degrees for a total of 5 minutes, stopping 1/2 way to shake the basket.
- Enjoy the crispy, crunchy goodness!
I Don't Have An Air Fryer, Can I Make Baked Tortilla Chips?
Totally! I find that the air fryer does do the best job at making them super light and crispy, because the air circulates. If you don't have an air fryer though, don't worry. You can simply bake the prepared chips in the oven at 370 degrees for ~10 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
Ideally, if you're baking them, use the convection setting on your oven if you have one. This will help to circulate the air and make them light and crispy.
And, lastly here, if you don't have an air fryer I highly, HIGHLY recommend getting one! (You can find the one I recommend in my must have's blog post here) Seriously, it was the best, like, $60 bucks I've ever spent! It gets everything so crispy and I use it on the daily to make things like my easy air fryer meatloaf, air fried carrot fries, air fryer sausage & peppers, air fryer tater tots and my newest fave: air fryer vegan pop tarts!
Once you make these easy air fryer tortilla chips you might just be like me and say "I don't know if I'll ever buy store bought again" Yes, they're THAT good, folks!
Be sure to give this recipe a try and leave a start rating & a comment if you love it!
- 2-3 corn tortillas (can use whatever type of tortilla you have, though!)
- non-stick spray
- dash of salt
- Cut your tortillas into small triangles. I use taco sized tortillas and cut them into 6 sections each.
- Spray the basket of your air fryer with non stick spray and place your tortilla triangles in the basket.
- Lightly spray the tortilla triangles with non-stick spray and sprinkle with desired amount of salt.
- Air fryer at 370 degrees for 5 minutes, stopping once halfway to shake the basket and add more salt if desired.
- Allow to cool slightly before enjoying!
- I like to use corn tortillas for my air fryer tortilla chips, however you can use whatever you have on hand. Flour tortillas will result in a thicker chip. Gluten free or low-carb tortillas may be drier and need adjusted cooking time, keep an eye on them.
- You can totally make these into cinnamon sugar tortilla chips, too by swapping the salt for a cinnamon sugar combo!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Want more recipes like this? You might like these: