These vanilla ice cream bars dipped in melted chocolate are sweet and perfect for whenever you’re craving a delectable frozen treat. This homemade recipe for ice cream bars is way better than Bluebell ice cream!
Why This Recipe Works
Ahh, just like storebought Haagen-Dazs vanilla milk chocolate ice cream bars–you will be hooked on this homemade recipe. Make your own frozen ice cream bars by combining a handful of simple ingredients for this simple recipe. You can make either chocolate or vanilla ice cream bars–either option is delicious.
With a delicately crunchy chocolate shell, you will love biting into these crunchy ice cream bars. The ice cream filling is sweet, smooth, and creamy: just like ice cream should be. As part of my series for how to stop feeling guilty after eating, I recommend enjoying these ice cream bars whenever you please to satisfy any craving you may have. Whether I’m enjoying these ice cream bars in the AM or PM, there is always an excuse to indulge in this recipe.
How to Make This Chocolate-Dipped Ice Cream Bar Recipe
Step One: First, place the heavy cream in a bowl and whip for a few minutes until stiff peaks form.
Step Two: Gently, fold in the condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix for a couple of minutes until no lumps are present.
Step Three: If making chocolate ice cream, this is when you would add your cocoa powder.
Step Four: Next, evenly fill a popsicle mold with the ice cream mixture and insert popsicle sticks into the ice cream mixture. Freeze the ice cream bars.
Step Five: Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil until the chocolate is melted. Allow the melted chocolate to cool before dipping the ice cream bars in it.
Step Six: Next, quickly spoon the melted chocolate over the ice cream bars and dip the ice cream bars in the cup of chocolate.
Step Seven: Place the ice cream bars on a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer them back to the freezer until frozen. Repeat with the remaining batch of ice cream bars.
You’re going to love this chocolate-dipped ice cream!
Haagen Dazs uses a variety of milk and dark chocolate for their ice cream bars. Rich and indulgent are the perfect descriptions for chocolate ice cream bars.
Ice cream on a stick is a frozen dessert that consists of ice cream frozen on a popsicle stick. Usually, ice cream on sticks are dipped is chocolate or other types of toppings.
There are so many delicious ice cream toppings out there such as nuts, sprinkles, desiccated coconut, Oreos, caramel, and so much more.
Although chocolate and strawberry are very popular, it is vanilla that is considered the most popular ice cream flavor.
- Be sure to work fast and allow the excess chocolate to drip off of the ice cream!
- Keep the first half of the ice cream bars in the freezer while you dip the other half in chocolate.
- For best results, allow these ice cream bars to freeze in the freezer for at least one hour prior to eating.
- If you are not immediately dipping the frozen bars in the chocolate, then place them in the freezer.
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
Other Recipes You May Like
Chocolate Ice Cream Bars
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder optional!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place the heavy cream in a medium sized bowl and whip for ~3 minutes until stiff peaks form (You’ve just made whipped cream!)
- Very gently fold in the condensed milk and the vanilla extract to the whipped cream (Do not stir this vigorously! You don’t want to reduce the air in the whipped cream. Mix this for ~1-2 minutes until totally uniform and no lumps of whipped cream are present)
- If you’re going to make chocolate ice cream you can add the cocoa powder now to your “base”. If not, move on to the next step.
- After your popsicles have frozen completely combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil into a tall, microwave safe cup and and microwave for 30-60 seconds minutes until melted. Stop the microwave to stir every 20-30 seconds to prevent burning. Allow this to cool fully before dipping your ice cream bars into it! (otherwise your bars will melt instantly!)
- Working VERY quickly, take your frozen ice cream bars out of the mold and spoon chocolate over the ice cream bars covering completely. (If there will be ANY delay in this place your ice cream bars back in the freezer to freeze solid before dipping!) You’re going to dip your bars right into the cup, you may need to tilt it a bit to fully coat the bar in chocolate (Do not press the bars into the bottom of the cup- this will blunt the ends and make them ugly!) Allow excess chocolate to drip off and then place on a plate with a sheet of parchment paper on it and place back in the freezer. Repeat with remaining bars- working quickly!!!
- Tip: Work fast and let the extra chocolate drip off (you don’t want it super thick!)
- Tip: I recommend keeping about half in the freezer while you do the first 4, then taking the next 4 out to prevent them from melting.
- You could enjoy immediately but for best results allow ice cream bars to re-freeze by placing them back in the freezer for at least 1 hour to harden the chocolate and re-freeze the inner ice cream and enjoy!
click To display nutrition info
Leave a Reply