This recipe for cookies and cream nice cream is delicious soft-served or frozen! Made with sweet bananas and crushed Oreos, this recipe is like chunky monkey ice cream, but even better!
Why This Recipe Works
This banana and Oreo nice cream is what dreams are made of. Sweet and creamy from frozen bananas, this recipe for cookies and cream nice cream is one of my favorite recipes out there because it is so delicious. With intuitive eating, you have permission to eat ALL foods. Sometimes that’s a pint of Ben & Jerry’s and sometimes that’s lighter cookies and cream nice cream! Neither is “better” than the other- they’re different! I should say… it’s a NICE!
Made in a blender with just a few simple steps, this ice cream is suitable for any time you have a sweet tooth. Rich flavors of Oreo and vanilla create an ice cream that is chunky, sweet, and mouthwatering: a trio of goodness. My other favorite nice cream? This lavender recipe.
A great thing about this scrumptious recipe is that I can eat it over and over again. Sometimes I want to eat this for breakfast and sometimes I want to eat it as a lighter dessert.
- Bananas: Make sure the bananas are frozen for a chunky frozen texture.
- Heavy Cream: Heavy cream is needed to make this banana ice cream smooth and creamy. (To make dairy free sub any milk! I just like the stronger flavor of cream)
- Oreos: What would this cookies and cream nice cream be without the cookies? Feel free to use any flavor of Oreos!
How to Make This Recipe
This Oreo nice cream is so easy to make with just a handful of basic ingredients! Nice cream has never been easier.
Step One: First, cut the bananas into one-inch pieces. Add the bananas to a food processor or blender and blend until the bananas are “crumbly” looking.
Step Two: Next, stream in the heavy cream and vanilla while continuing to process the ingredients until smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
Step Three: Meanwhile, crush the cookies. Place the cookies in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
Step Four: Remove the nice cream from the food processor and place in a large bowl. Fold in the cookies.
Step Five: Place the cookies and cream nice cream into a container and, if desired, top with additional cookies.
Eat right away or place the nice cream into the freezer until solid.
Nice cream is typically made of frozen fruit by blending it into a food processor or blender. It’s delicious!
Ice cream is typically made without frozen fruit. Nice cream is generally made with frozen bananas or mangoes for fruity and subtly sweet flavors.
You can freeze nice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for two to three months.
If you want to thicken nice cream, just add some ice or more frozen bananas. You can also reduce the amount of heavy cream!
- Before enjoying my nice cream, I like to take it out of the freezer and sit on the counter for three to five minutes prior to eating so it is soft and easy to scoop.
- Use any type of mix ins for this recipe! From graham crackers, different types of cookies, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and so much more–the options are endless!
- Drizzle with your favorite caramel sauce or syrup.
- Substitute dairy-free heavy cream for a vegan version.
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
Other Recipes You May Like
Cookies And Cream Nice Cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Oreos cookies crushed
- Cut your frozen bananas into ~1" pieces
- Add bananas to a high-powered food processor or blender, starting on low until bananas are broken up & “crumbly” looking.
- Stream in heavy cream and vanilla, continuing processing until smooth, working your way up to high speed. This will take ~2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides as needed. Your bananas should be very smooth and fluffy.
- While this is processing you can crush your cookies if needed! To do this you can place them in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin on top to crush them. I like to keep some of them in bigger chunks (~⅕-¼ of a cookie even!)
- Remove "nice cream" from the food processor and place in a large bowl, fold in the crushed cookies.
- Place your “nice cream” into a ~2-3 cup container and top with additional crushed cookies if desired.
- You can enjoy your nice cream right away if you want it soft-serve style or you can freeze it for ~6-8 hours until hardened.
click To display nutrition info