This chocolate chip cookie dough hummus is spectacular and loaded with protein! Made with tender chickpeas, this “raw” cookie dough dip is creamy, scrumptiously sweet, and jam-packed with nutrition.
Why This Recipe Works
I honestly love this recipe so much. This chickpea cookie dough is perfect for any time you get a craving for something sweet–don’t we all? Creamy and smooth with warm flavors of vanilla with rich chocolate chips, this dessert hummus is going to become one of your next favorite recipes!
This chocolate chip cookie dough hummus is incredibly simple to make and comes together in under ten minutes with just some basic kitchen ingredients. I like to make this recipe when I have a sweet tooth because I get to dive right in with apples, pretzels, or graham crackers. Yum!
Just like my snickerdoodle hummus, this recipe is certainly a crowd-pleaser and would be the perfect addition to any occasion or birthday party. This indulgent recipe is highly versatile and a great way to enjoy the flavors of tantalizing raw cookie dough.
- Chocolate Chips: For this recipe, I used mini chocolate chips! Feel free to use dark chocolate in place of milk chocolate.
- Chickpeas: You can use either canned or dried chickpeas first. If you’re using dried chickpeas, then be sure to cook them first.
- Cashew Butter: Cashew butter is what gives this cookie dough its amazing texture, but any nut butter such as peanut butter or almond butter will work.
- Milk: Any kind of milk will work here!
- Honey: A natural sweetener for this chocolate chip dough hummus! Honey can be substituted with maple syrup.
How to Make This Recipe
This cookie dough dip could not be any easier to make. You will love these simple steps!
Step One: First, remove the chickpeas from their can and rinse with water. Remove the skin from the chickpeas.
Step Two: With a food processor, combine chickpeas, honey, vanilla, cashew butter, and salt.
Step Three: Slowly pour in the milk into the food processor. Process until smooth.
Step Four: Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
Add additional chocolate chips on top, if desired (which we totally do!)
Serve with apple slices, graham crackers, pretzels, or just by the spoonful!
Yes, the two are definitely the same!
Certainly! Chickpeas naturally contain natural vitamins, protein, and fiber. If you’re looking for something to keep the hunger at bay–chickpeas will definitely rid you of hunger.
If you do not have a food processor, then you can try using a blender, mixer, or chopper. You can also try to mash the chickpeas with a fork.
Yes, canned chickpeas are cooked before they are put into a can. You can enjoy chickpeas straight from the can or heat them up!
- Substitute with any nut butter you would like.
- Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Any kind of milk will work such as dairy, almond, oat, cashew, etc.
- If using dried chickpeas, then be sure to learn how to cook them.
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
Other Recipes You May Like
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus
- 1, 15.5 oz can of chickpeas AKA garbanzo beans
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Remove chickpeas from the can and rinse with warm water. Remove as many of the skins as possible.
- In a food processor combine chickpeas, honey, cashew butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Slowly stream in the milk and process until smooth.
- Next, fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Add additional chocolate chips on top, if desired (we desire!)
- Enjoy with apple slices, pretzels, graham crackers or by the spoonful!
click To display nutrition info
Leave a Reply