If you like sweets, then you’re really going to like this no-churn toasted marshmallow ice cream! Serve this ice cream by the spoonful or with a cone for a sweet and soft treat! Made with only four ingredients!
Why This Recipe Works
If you’re ever in the mood for ice cream, but don’t know where to start–don’t worry. This no-churn toasted marshmallow ice cream recipe is delicious, subtly sweet, airy, and so simple to make. With just a few simple steps, you will have creamy ice cream ready before you know it.
I have a thing for marshmallows (especially when the marshmallows are roasted). Soft, smooth, and inviting, there’s just something about the combination of fluffy marshmallows nestled in a bed of cream. This recipe may become one of your favorites! If not, then you may really like my marshmallow rice krispie bars.
Fitting for movie nights, birthday parties, holidays, BBQs, events, and much more, this recipe is out-of-this-world easy and fun to make. Make sure you make enough of this ice cream to go around because it is definitely a crowd-pleaser.
Honestly- I love keeping some ice cream on hand at all times REGARDLESS of if there is a special event coming up. This is one of the great joys of intuitive eating; feeling comfortable having delicious foods on hand and not feeling guilty eating them nor like you’ll binge eat the entire thing!
- Marshmallows: Mmm, fluffy soft marshmallows are the key features to this ice cream. Roast these marshmallows to really experience the yummy flavors of toasted marshmallows!
- Heavy Whipping Cream: A smooth creamy ice cream base that is neutral and easy. For a dairy-free version, use chilled full-fat coconut cream.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Needed to make this marshmallow ice cream extra smoothy and sweet, this is another key ingredient to this recipe. For a dairy-free version, substitute with coconut condensed milk.
How to Make This Recipe
Step One: First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick spill mat.
Step Two: Place mini marshmallows on the baking sheet and broil in the oven for one to two minutes until evenly toasted. Remove from oven.
Next, pour the heavy whipping cream into a large bowl or stand mixer. Begin to mix on low, then slowly increase the speed. Mix until stiff peaks form.
Step Four: In a separate bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk with vanilla extract.
Step Five: Gently, fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
Fold in some of the toasted marshmallows.
Step Seven: Pour the ice cream into a loaf pan container. Add the remaining marshmallows on top.
Step Eight: Freeze the ice cream in the freezer for six to eight hours.
Once frozen, remove the marshmallow ice cream from the freezer and enjoy!
No-churn ice cream simply means ice cream that does not need a churn! You can easily make ice cream just by pouring it into the proper container and freezing it until solid.
I think so! In my opinion, no-churn ice cream is thick, creamy, and oh, so smooth.
Marshmallows do not freezer because they are mostly made up of sugar, cornstarch, and gelatin. This is why marshmallows are so soft and fluffy!
Condensed milk is a good heavy base for the ice cream and allows it to have that extra sweetness.
- Store this marshmallow ice cream in the freezer, covered, for up to six months.
- Drizzle this ice cream with chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, or strawberry sauce for additional flavors.
- Be careful not to overmix the whipping cream into the sweetened condensed milk.
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
No Churn Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 1, 14 ounces can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick spill mat and place mini marshmallow on it. Broil these in the oven on high for 1-2 minutes until they become nice and toasted. Remove from oven and allow to cool fully.
- Pour your heavy whipping cream into a large bowl or stand mixer. Begin to mix on low then slowly increase speed. Mix for ~3 minutes until stiff peaks form and you’ve made whipped cream!
- In a separate large bowl combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in your whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Do not stir this vigorously! You don’t want to reduce the air in the whipped cream. Mix this for ~2-3 minutes until totally uniform and no lumps of whipped cream are present.
- Now, fold in ~¾ of your toasted marshmallows. (You may need to break these apart a bit so they’re not just one big clump!)
- Pour your ice cream into a ~6+ cup container (you can also use a loaf pan!). Add the remaining toasted marshmallows on top.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Once frozen remove from the freezer and enjoy!
click To display nutrition info
Leave a Reply