This Chinese chicken stir fry with broccoli is one of my favorite meals, ever! Easy-peasy, you can pair this recipe with noodles, rice, or just by itself for a simply delicious meal at home.
Why This Recipe Works
Tender with sweet and savory flavors from soy sauce, ginger, and brown sugar, this easy chicken recipe is naturally comforting and perfect for whenever you’re craving your favorite Chinese takeout. You’re going to love the fact that this recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes!
Any of my main dishes are great options for those nights when you’re craving a comforting dinner, but when I say the flavors in this broccoli chicken are mouthwatering-I mean it.
Juicy chicken is cooked in a homemade sticky sauce that is so good, you’ll want to put the sauce on everything. I’m not exaggerating. This is my ALL time favorite recipe because the flavors mend together so well. No matter what kind of day I’ve had, I can always go for good food. Whether I’m craving a cheeseburger or Chinese takeout, my intuitive eating habits allow me to honor those cravings in a way that still allows my body to feel good!
- Sesame Oil: You will want to use sesame oil in this recipe because of its pungent flavor. Nutty and aromatic, sesame oil brings this broccoli and chicken stir fry recipe to the next level.
- Chicken: I like to use boneless and skinless chicken breasts for this recipe because of how quickly they cook.
- Soy Sauce: This key ingredient delivers salty and tangy flavors. You can easily find soy sauce in the sauce aisle in your local grocery store.
- Oyster Sauce: This sweet sauce is essential to this recipe because it makes the stir fry taste even better with authentic and rich flavors.
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar gives this stir fry a touch of sweetness that is irresistible and so so good.
How to Make This Recipe
This broccoli stir fry is ultra-delicious and fitting for any night of the week! From start to finish, you will love how simple this recipe is.
Step One: First, heat the oil in a saucepan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté for five minutes.
Step Two: Add the broccoli to the pan and cover for ten minutes.
Step Three: Prepare the sauce. Combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, and brown sugar together in a small bowl.
Step Four: After the chicken and broccoli have cooked for ten minutes, then you can pour your sauce mixture over it. Gently mix all of the ingredients together.
Step Five: Allow the mixture to simmer over medium heat for three to five minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Serve this recipe with a bed of rice and sprinkling of sesame seeds.
Not at all! If the broccoli is cut into small enough pieces, the sauce will evenly cook it.
You can add fresh herbs, citrus, or extra spices to give stir fry more flavor.
Be careful not to overcook the broccoli or chicken and adjust the flavors as needed. Use fresh ginger and garlic when you can.
- Substitute any protein in this recipe such as ground beef, tofu, tempeh, or shrimp. Instead of chicken breasts, use chicken thighs.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce for a gluten-free option.
- Use any type of sweetener in place of brown sugar.
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
Other Recipes You May Like
Easiest Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into ~1” pieces)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 heads of broccoli chopped into florets (~6 cups)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced or very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Rice optional serving suggestion
- sesame seeds optional serving suggestion
- Heat sesame oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté for five minutes.
- Add broccoli to the pan containing the chicken and cover for 10 minutes to cook at medium heat.
- While broccoli and chicken are cooking you can prepare the sauce by combining chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch, garlic, ginger and brown sugar together in a small bowl.
- After the chicken & broccoli have cooked for 10 minutes you can pour your sauce mixture over it (You may need to stir it up if it’s been sitting for a few minutes!) Gently mix in your sauce to evenly coat the broccoli and chicken.
- Let your mixture simmer over medium heat for ~3-5 minutes until the sauce begins to reduce & thicken. (You do not want your sauce to be watery, it should be slightly sticky and not super runny and clear!)
- I recommend serving your broccoli chicken stir fry over rice and topping with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
click To display nutrition info