You’re going to love learning how to make this egg salad in the Instant Pot! This no peel egg salad is full of protein and great for breakfast, brunch, or lunch, and it is sure to keep you feeling full!
Why This Recipe Works
Fresh onion and crunchy celery are combined with mustard and garlic powder in this no peel egg salad recipe. Ready in less than 10 minutes, you don’t have to go through the extra stress of peeling your eggs with this Instant Pot egg salad loaf.
I love this egg salad because I don’t have to boil any eggs–I just crack them in the Instant Pot. This recipe is a breeze and so, so good!
This recipe is great for the holidays or meal prep whenever you want to have something delicious and quick on the table. The best part about this egg salad is the longer it sits, the better it tastes. Yum!
- Eggs: You will need eight eggs to make this Instant Pot egg loaf the fluffiest and most filling salad you’ll ever eat! Farm fresh eggs or store bought will work.
- Seasoning: For incredible savoriness, this recipe calls for both garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Feel free to sprinkle some paprika into the egg salad towards the end.
- Vegetables: I use fresh celery and red onion for my egg salad because they add incredible fresh flavors to the recipe. Feel free to use any type of onion!
How to Make This Recipe
You’re going to love how simple this Instant Pot egg salad is. Without having to peel all the eggs, this recipe is truly a breeze!
Step 1: First, spray a pan that fits into the Instant Pot with nonstick spray. Next, crack the eggs into the pan.
Step 2: Add some water into the Instant Pot and place the pan onto the trivet insert and lower it into the bottom. Close the lid and pressure cook for six minutes.
Step 3: Once the eggs have cooked, quickly or naturally release the steam from the Instant Pot. Remove the eggs from the Instant Pot and drain the water.
Step 4: Next, chop the egg “loaf” and place the chopped eggs back into the Instant Pot with diced celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
Mix everything up well and that’s it! Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and sliced chives if desired.
If you want this no peel Instant Pot egg salad to be a little less smelly, then add one teaspoon of vinegar to the salad.
Your egg salad may taste bland because there may not be enough seasinings in it. Feel free to adjust the seasoning to your preferences!
Although I haven’t tested this ingredient, I hear hummus is a great substitution for egg salad! Mashed avocado or Greek yogurt are also great ideas.
Store the egg salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Make this ahead of time by preparing a batch and storing in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
- Enjoy this Instant Pot egg salad with a bed of greens, in a wrap, with crackers, or on a sandwich!
- Feel free to add some pickled relish or chopped pickles to this egg salad.
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
No Peel Instant Pot Egg Salad
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Spray a pan that fits into your Instant Pot (I used a 6” square pan) with non-stick spray and crack your eggs into it. (You can use any pan as long as it fits into your Instant pot!)
- Add ~1 cup of water into your Instant Pot, place pan of eggs onto the trivet insert and lower into the bottom of the pot. Add the lid and pressure cook for 6 minutes. (You do not need to cover the eggs!)
- Once cooked, you can release the pressure from your Instant Pot (or you can just let it naturally release), remove your eggs and drain the water from the pot.
- Roughly chop your egg “loaf” and place chopped eggs back into the Instant Pot with remaining ingredients (right now everything will be in the Instant Pot pot just to mix! Why dirty another dish?!)
- Mix everything up well and that’s it! Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and thin cut chives if desired
- Enjoy with crackers, in a sandwich over a bed of greens or in a wrap!
click To display nutrition info