You're going to love this tasty banana bread made in one bowl! Incredibly moist with the perfect amount of sweetness, this simple bread is indulgent and perfect for any time of the day whenever you're craving something yummy.
Why This Recipe Works
In the mood for something subtly sweet and perfectly soft? This one-bowl banana bread recipe is the best banana bread I've ever had. The best part? The number one great thing about this recipe is the fact that it is made in one bowl–easy enough, right?
Baked to perfection with warm aromas of butter, sugar, and banana, you'll want to serve this cake by itself or warmed up with cold ice cream on top. With intuitive eating, I can enjoy this banana bread however I'd like because there is no guilt involved–just delicious flavors with a happy mind.
- Bananas: Make sure the bananas you are using have plenty of brown spots on them! The more brown spots on the bananas, the better!
- Butter: The butter needs to be melted and cooled. You can use any type of butter for this one bowl banana bread.
- Flour: I used all-purpose flour!
- Sugar: Granulated white sugar is what I used; feel free to experiment with your favorite sweeteners!
How to Make This Recipe
This soft and sweet, one-bowl banana bread is the perfect addition to any day. If you're in the mood for a recipe that is simple with pantry-friendly ingredients, then you're going to love this loaf of bread!
Step One: First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick spray and set it aside.
Step Two: In a large bowl, mash two bananas with a fork or potato masher.
Add the eggs, vanilla, and oil to the bananas and mix until smooth.
Step Two: Next, add the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined.
Step Three: Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
Your bread is done when the top is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Remove the load from the oven and allow it to cool.
Banana cake is fluffier and lighter compared to banana bread which is dense.
More often than not, banana bread is gooey in the middle because it is removed from the oven too soon. Be sure the toothpick comes out clean after it has been inserted into the middle of the bread.
Some of the best chefs would say the answer to that question is no! The riper the bananas, the better the bread!
Allow the banana bread to cool for at least 10 to fifteen minutes prior to cutting.
- Be sure to properly measure the flour or the one bowl banana bread may come out too dry or moist.
- Store the leftover banana bread at room temperature in an airtight container or a couple days or in the refrigerator for about a week.
- Freeze the banana bread slices by placing them in a freezer-safe container and freezing for up to six months.
- Reheat the banana bread in the microwave and serve with fresh butter.
- Add chocolate chips or chopped nuts for extra flavors!
If you love this recipe be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and a comment below!
Want to learn more about intuitive eating and finding food freedom so that you too can feel comfortable enjoying ALL foods without guilt, stress or anxiety and in ways that feel good? Get started by taking this quiz which will give you a personalized workbook to stop dieting and get started!
Other Recipes You May Like
- 2 bananas (ripe with brown spots!)
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled (64 grams)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (4.2 grams)
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour (160 grams)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (96 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (4.2 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (1.42 grams)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside
In a large bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher or fork until uniformly smooth
Add in butter, eggs and vanilla, mixing to combine. (be sure your butter is cooled or it will cook your eggs!!)
Add in remaining ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda and salt) and stir until combined.
Pour batter into a loaf pan and bake for a total of 50 minutes.
Your loaf is baked when the top is golden and when you insert a toothpick in the middle it comes out clean!
Remove from oven, allow to cool and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
Nutrition info is provided for Google. You get to determine what your portion size is each and every day! There is no right or wrong.