This sweet, savory, and refreshing apple pecan chicken salad is loaded with protein and a great brunch, lunch, or dinner recipe whenever you are craving quick and easy. Pecan salad is nutty and made with crisp apples, tender chicken, and a creamy base.
Why This Recipe Works
The perfect dynamic of crispy sweet apples and tender savory chicken mixed with pecans, salt, pepper, and celery creates the perfect blend of refreshing savory flavors. This apple pecan chicken salad recipe is great for brunch, lunch, or dinner: whenever you need it!
So easy to make in one bowl, this easy chicken salad is great for meal prep and great for filling up on protein and refreshing apple flavors. It's the perfect mix of sweet and savory!
Serve this chicken salad by itself, with crackers, on croissants, or wrapped with lettuce cups–either way, this recipe is surely delicious!
- Chicken: For this recipe, I used a cooked boneless skinless chciken breast for the juiciest flavors.
- Apple: Use any kind of apple for this apple pecan chicken salad such as Granny Smith, Gala, Honeycrisp, Fuji, etc.!
- Red Onion: Red onion gives this chicken salad an additional crisp and bold flavor to accent the apples.
- Celery: Fresh celery is a staple in most chicken salad recipes and provides a refreshing flavor that is unique and satisfying! I love the crunch!
- Mayonnaise: Use your favorite mayonnaise or unflavored Greek yogurt to make the chicken salad creamy. (Checkout my recipe for homemade whole egg mayo here! It's so easy!)
- Pecans: Freshly chopped pecans give a hint of sweetness and nuttiness that is the perfect addition to the chicken and apple flavors.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic powder is a simple pantry ingredient used to give this chicken salad flavor. You can never go wrong with garlic powder!
- Salt and pepper: Season this chicken salad with however much salt and pepper you like, but the recommendations I make are what I enjoyed the best!
How To Make This Recipe
This chicken fruit salad is made in no time at all! In a few simple steps, this hearty chicken salad will be ready to be served in all types of different ways!
Step One: First, prepare the chicken, apples, vegetables, seasoning, and mayonnaise and add all of the ingredients to a large bowl.
Step Two: Next, combine the ingredients with a spoon or rubber spatula until thoroughly combined.
Season the chicken salad according to what you like. Refrigerate the apple chicken salad until ready to eat or serve immediately.
Step Four: Serve with your favorite toasted bread or over a bed of greens!
Frequently Asked Questions
Personally, I like to use Honeycrisp or Pink Lady, but you can use any type of apple such as Fuji, Jazz, Opal, etc.
Chicken salad is wonderful because it is packed with protein and all of the ingredients you need to stay rejuvenated throughout your days. This chicken salad recipe is a combination of apples, pecans, and tender chicken which make it so appetizing.
You can eat a variety of foods such as savory snacks, soups, crackers, veggies, bread, etc. You can also eat it by itself!
Chicken salad will last in the refrigerator for up to three to four days.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigeartor until ready to use.
- For vegan or vegetarian opion, omit the chicken and use egg-free mayonnaise.
- Feel free to use chicken thighs or shredded rotisserie chicken in place of the chicken breast.
- Serve with your favorite toasted bread, bagels, rolls, etc.
If you love this recipe be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and a comment below!
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don't forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup apple, diced (~1 medium apple)
- ½ cup red onion, diced (½ a medium red onion)
- ½ cup stalk celery, diced (2-3 stalks)
- ¾ cup mayo or plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh or bottled will work)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of salt & pepper (optional)
In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
Mix until ingredients are evenly dispersed and the mayo/greek yogurt is evenly coating the entire mixture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 280mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 41g