This easy Proffee recipe is going to knock your socks off! This viral TikTok recipe uses just 2 ingredients and is ready in literal minutes! This protein coffee recipe is made with cold brew and packs up to a whopping 30 grams of protein! Perfect for sipping or for enjoying with a satisfying breakfast.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
I first saw the idea for this recipe all over TikTok, and I just knew that I had to try it for myself! While there are a lot of strange trends floating around, this one is a keeper for sure. First of all, it uses just 2 ingredients, and second? It can be made in a literal minute. I know! Sign me up, right!?
So what is proffee? Proffee is a viral TikTok trend that is made using cold brew coffee (or espresso shots) and a prepared protein drink. Mix the two together and you get a delicious beverage that packs up to 30 grams of protein. Best of all? It tastes absolutely amazing and is the perfect way to get your coffee fix in the morning.
Protein coffee is a great way to work some satisfying protein into your breakfast, or a way just for you to enjoy the cool, iced coffee vibe either at home or on the go. It’s totally simple to make, and will save you hours waiting in line at the drive thru for your morning fix.
That being said, if your body is craving iced coffee with regular ol’ creamer and some sugary syrup, I hereby grant you permission to go for it. In fact, you don’t need my permission! That’s because intuitive eating (and gentle nutrition) tell us that we should honor our bodies cravings, not fight them.
If you’re craving a big cup of iced coffee with a fluffy mound of whipped cream, go for it! But on those days where you want something creamy, satisfying, and simple to prepare? Well, proffee is for you!
- Cold brew coffee: You can either make cold brew at home using a cold brew maker, or you can purchase a carton of commercial cold brew. Both work super well for this recipe!
- Protein shake: A prepared protein shake makes this proffee recipe SO easy. You can use whatever brand or flavor you like best. I like to keep it original and use vanilla, which really gives it that yummy iced coffee vibe. But it’s fun to switch it up for different flavors. Caramel is a fab option too!
How to Make This Recipe
Step One: Add your cold brew coffee to a glass that holds at least 2 cups. If you plan on taking your protein coffee on the go, you can add it right to your travel mug!
Step Two: Add some ice if you want to keep it nice and chilled, or if your protein shake is room temperature.
Step Three: Pour in the prepared protein shake.
Step Four: Mix everything together, taste and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can add protein to your coffee! Whether it’s a scoop of whey protein blended with a hot cup, or a prepared protein shake poured into a glass of cold brew, coffee can easily be given a boost by the addition of some protein.
Yes, you can add protein powder to coffee. The most difficult part is to get the two to mix together, so using a blender to combine the coffee and protein powder is a must. If you’re using cold brew coffee, it’s much easier to add protein powder. Just simply whisk it in or stir vigorously with a fork.
Cold brew coffee, once opened (if store bought), needs to be refrigerated. Bacteria thrives at room temperature, so in order to keep your cold brew fresh and tasty it’s best to keep it in the fridge until the expiration date. If your cold brew coffee is homemade, cool it and then store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Switch up your flavors by using different flavored protein shakes, or adding a touch of your favorite extract (think peppermint, caramel, or maple).
- If you want to make your proffee hot, you can totally do that! Just combine the coffee and protein shake and heat either in a saucepan or in the microwave until warmed, stir everything together, and enjoy!
- Make your protein coffee to go! Just pour everything in your travel mug, stir it up (or give it a shake), and take it with you when you heat out the door. Totally convenient, and no more drive thru lines!
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
More Protein Packed Recipes
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- 1 prepared protein shake
- Add coffee to a glass, add ice if desired
- Pour in your protein shake
- Mix & enjoy!
click To display nutrition info
Leave a Reply