These fluffy 3-ingredient banana oat pancakes are some of the easiest out there! Made with a few ingredients such as sweet mashed banana, blended oat flour, and egg, these gluten-free pancakes are ready within minutes to fuel you for the day.
Why This Recipe Works
Fluffy, three-ingredient banana oat pancakes are the best. Not only do they come together in less than 30 minutes for the quickest breakfast ever, but they are perfectly moist and fluffy, too. Naturally sweetened with fresh banana, these pancakes are delicious and filled with tasty flavors that taste amazing with sticky maple syrup.
The oats are naturally high in protein so this 3-ingredient pancake recipe is filling and a great way to keep hunger at bay in the AM. Fold in your favorite additions such as chocolate chips, coconut flakes, nuts… You get the picture, right?
This 3-ingredient pancake recipe is one of my FAVORITE pancake recipes because it quickly comes together in the blender! After the fluffy batter is blended, then you are ready to dig into pillow-soft pancakes.
- Banana: One ripened mashed banana gives these pancakes plenty of sweetness and moist flavors. Make sure the banana is spotty so you will have extra sweet flavors in this pancake recipe.
- Egg: One egg allows these pancakes to fluff up and bind together as fluffy pancakes! The egg also gives these 3-ingredient pancakes extra protein.
- Oats: Quick oats or oat flour are fiber-rich ingredients that are high in protein and allow these pancakes to be filling and nutrient-dense.
How to Make This Recipe
Step One: First, measure out all of the ingredients and mash the banana. Place all of the ingredients in a single-serving blender such as Magic Bullet.
Step Two: Next, blend all of the ingredients in the blender until smooth. Meanwhile, grease a large pan with butter or nonstick spray.
Step Three: With a measuring cup, scoop ¼ cup of pancake batter onto the preheated greased pan. Cook the pancakes for two to three minutes per side until golden.
Be careful to keep a watchful eye during this step because it is very easy for the pancakes to burn.
Step Four: Remove the 3-ingredient banana oat pancakes from the heat and serve with your choice of toppings and syrup.
If your pancakes come out feeling soggy or mushy on the inside, then it could mean that the heat is turned up too high. Be sure to cook the pancakes slowly until they are fully done on the inside and outside.
Be sure there is an equal ratio of egg to banana to prevent the pancakes from falling apart. In some cases where a large banana is used, you may have to use two eggs.
Yes! If you overmix the pancake batter, then you allow too much oxygen to get into the batter. Overmixing the batter results in flat dense pancakes that are not fluffy.
Tips and Variations
- If you do not have a blender, then you can mash the banana with a potato masher and use ⅓ cup of oat flour or quick oats. Mix everything together and wah-la!
- For extra protein, add a scoop or vanilla, chocolate, or peanut butter protein butter into the pancake batter.
- Fold in milk chocolate or dairy-free chocolate chips, chopped pecans or almonds, blueberries or strawberries, etc., into the batter for extra textures and flavors.
- Add one tablespoon of chia seeds and one tablespoon of flax meal for additional fiber and protein.
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
3 Ingredient Banana Oat Pancakes
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup quick oats
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add bananas, eggs and oats to a blender and combine until smooth.
- Add some butter or non-stick spray (I recommend butter!) to your hot pan then drop ~¼ cup of pancake batter onto it and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until pancakes are golden. Watch your pancakes and check them to make sure they don’t over cook!
- Remove from heat, top with additional toppings and enjoy!
click To display nutrition info