Crispy and cheesy air fryer pizza bagels are just like toasted Bagel Bites but even better! This homemade recipe is super easy to make and great for whenever you want to treat yourself to a yummy savory pizza-style snack.
Why This Recipe Works
This pizza bagel recipe features everything you love about pizza: cheese, pepperoni, and robust pizza sauce. These air fryer pizza bagels are great for whenever you just want to snack on something or maybe you want to prep an easy lunch.
All you need are just a handful of simple ingredients for this recipe. This air fryer recipe is for cooking of all levels including beginners. Made with very few steps, you will have the cheesiest and most delicious homemade pizza bagels ready in minutes!
I could go for pizza any night of the week, and this recipe is a great way to switch things up!
As a part of my intuitive eating program, you will notice that I like to treat the body with whatever it is craving such as sweets, snacks, comfort food, and other indulgent treats. Listen to your body when it tells you it wants something!
- Mini Bagels: I like to use mini bagels for this pizza recipe because it is fun and resembles Bagel Bites the most!
- Pizza Sauce: You can use any kind of pizza sauce for this recipe whether it is homemade or store-bought.
- Cheese: Mozzarella cheese gives these air fryer pizza bagels their classic flavors of pizza!
- Pepperoni: You will need some sliced pepperoni to give these bagels extra flavors!
- Oregano: Fresh or dried oregano is used to give bright Italian flavors that are fresh and familiar.
How to Make This Recipe
You will have mini pizzas ready in no time! This recipe is so easy and great for all levels.
Step One: First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. If you do not have the preheating element, then allow the air fryer to run for about five minutes.
Step Two: Cut the mini bagels in half if necessary and top each bagel with about two tablespoons of pizza sauce, a heaping tablespoon of cheese, four to six pieces of pepperoni, and a sprinkle of oregano if desired.
Step Three: Cook the air fryer pizza bagels in the air fryer for three minutes and 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn the bagels.
Step Four: Remove the bagels from the air fryer.
Serve the bagels warm and enjoy!
For this recipe, it takes at least three minutes and 30 seconds for the bagels to get crispy and perfectly cheesy. After many trials, this was the best cooking time!
We like to toast bagels in the air fryer because it is quick and easy! The air fryer makes bagels super crispy and very enjoyable.
You can, but make sure you add the foil in only the basket part!
- Feel free to substitute Italian seasoning for the oregano if that is all you have.
- Use any kind of cheese for this recipe, but remember that low-fat cheeses will not melt as well as full-fat.
- Pepperoni is optional!
- For a vegetarian opion: Top this pizza with your favorite veggies such as bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, etc.
- Vegan pizza bagels: Use dairy-free cheese and omit the pepperoni pieces.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days!
If you love this recipe be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and a comment below!
Want to learn more about intuitive eating and finding food freedom so that you too can feel comfortable enjoying ALL foods without guilt, stress or anxiety and in ways that feel good? Get started by taking this quiz which will give you a personalized workbook to stop dieting and get started!
- 2 plain mini bagels
- ½ cup pizza sauce (64 grams)
- 4 heaping tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese (56.7 grams)
- 3-4 pieces of pepperoni (each piece cut into 8 triangles- you will have 8 total pieces from 1 piece of pepperoni!)
- Oregano (optional)
Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F. If you don’t have a preheat setting simply let it run at this temp for ~5 minutes.
Cut your mini bagels in half if necessary and top each bagel half with: ~2 tbsp pizza sauce, 1 heaping tbsp of cheese, 4-6 pieces of cut pepperoni, and a sprinkle of oregano, if desired
Cook in the air fryer for 3 min and 30 seconds
Remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
Can sub italian seasoning if no oregano available
Could sub any type of cheese- I recommend avoiding low fat cheeses as they won’t melt well
Pepperoni is optional (get creative with your toppings!)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 546mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g
Nutrition info is provided for Google. You get to determine what your portion size is each and every day! There is no right or wrong.