Crispy and perfectly flaky, this air fryer tilapia recipe is the perfect addition to any meal and is ready in just 15 minutes! Serve flavorful air fryer fish along side potatoes, rice, on top of a salad or in tacos.
What You'll Need To Make Air Fryer Tilapia
This air fryer fish recipe takes only a few simple ingredients that I be you already have on hand:
- Tilapia filets (any fish is okay, really!)
- An egg
- Bread crumbs (I like to use panko)
- Seasoning of choice (I like onion & garlic powder)
If you don't have an air fryer I HIGHLY recommend getting one. I use mine daily. Actually.. I use it multiple times a day! You can find a similar one to mine linked here.
How To Make Air Fried Tilapia
There are just a few simple steps to make air fried tilapia:
- Mix together your bread crumbs and seasonings and put on a plate, set aside
- Scramble your egg into a shallow bowl
- Dip a filet of fish into the egg
- Next, dip your egg dipped fish into the bread crumb mixture
- Place your crusted fish filet into an air fryer basket that has been sprayed lightly with non-stick spray
- Repeat this process with fish tilapia filets
- Cook air fried tilapia at 370 for 10 minutes
How To Serve Air Fryer Tilapia
I like to serve this easy air fryer tilapia recipe along side of a carb and veggie. I know diet culture makes it seem like carbs are the devil, but they aren't! Carb are important for our bodies to have energy! Here are some ideas for each!
Carbs To Serve With Air Fried Tilapia
- Air fryer seasoned potatoes
- Crispy air fryer sweet potato fries
- Rice (brown or white!)
- Tortillas for tacos
Veggies To Serve With Air Fryer Fish
- Air fryer carrots fries
- Steamed broccoli
- Mixed greens for a salad
- Grilled zucchini
Air Fryer Tilapia FAQ's
Can I use frozen fish?
Absolutely! Honestly, I usually make air fryer frozen fish! I usually will thaw the fish first, but have done it without thawing too!
Can I make air fryer fish sticks?
Totally! You can use smaller pieces of fish and follow the same process to make air fryer fish sticks. Depending on how big your pieces are you may need to reduce the time by ~5 minutes.
Can I make fish in the air fryer no breading added?
Yep! If you don't want the breading I would recommend giving your fish a dab of oil, add seasoning, and cook at the same temp.
Does this air fried fish recipe store well?
Like anything breaded it's usually best the day of, because it's crispiest. However you can totally make a few of these, keep in the fridge, and re-heat later! To re-heat you can either microwave or pop in the air fryer for about 5 minutes at 370.
Give this air fryer tilapia recipe a try and if you love it be sure to give it a star rating and leave a comment with how you served it! I love hearing how you guys recipe creative with my recipes!
- 3, 4 oz tilapia fillets
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I like panko)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whisk an egg in a small, shallow bowl. Set aside.
- On a medium to large place combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt, mixing well.
- Take your tilapia filets and dip them first in the egg mixture, coating well.
- Then dip you egg soaked fish filets and dip them into the bread crumb mixture until well coated.
- Place coated tilapia filets in an air fryer basket that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Repeat process with remaining 1-2 filets.
- Cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 370 degrees.
- Remove from basket and enjoy!
Fish is best eaten day of, as it will be the crispiest. However you can store in a container in the fridge for 3-5 days. I'd suggest re-heating in the air fryer for a few minutes at 370.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 34g
Want more recipes like this? You might like these: