This sweet, savory, and refreshing copycat Wendy’s apple pecan salad is loaded with protein and a great lunch or dinner recipe whenever you are craving quick and easy. Pecan salad is nutty and made with cranberries, crisp apples, tender chicken, and a tangy pomegranate dressing.
Why This Recipe Works
Easy, quick, and flavorful are always my go-to options for lunch or dinner whenever I’m looking for something to make. This copycat apple pecan salad is just like Wendy’s famous salad but way better!
Created with a variety of fresh spring greens and sweet apples mixed with lemon juice, maple syrup, olive oil, and cranberries, this pecan chicken salad recipe is a great option for the holidays as a side dish or appetizer whenever you need additional ideas for a meal.
This salad is great to make ahead of time because it’s easy to assemble and full of protein. Whenever you are super hungry, you can just reach for this prepared salad and indulge in all of the wonderful flavors.
Incorporate this apple salad into your routine of intuitive eating, and you’ll be set for your next lunch or dinner plans!
- Chicken: I like to use boneless skinless chicken breast because it is easy to cook and tastes so tender. If you have leftover cooked chicken, that will work, too.
- Apple: Use any variety of apple you would like, but my personal favorites for this salad are Gala, Honeycrisp, Fuji, or Granny Smith.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles: Blue cheese crumbles give this salad a slight bitterness that is perfect with the apple. Leave the cheese out for dairy-free recipes!
- Greens: I like to use a variety of spring and romaine mix for the freshest and crisp flavors.
- Pecans: Use chopped pecans for crunchy textures and a sweet nuttiness that is what pulls this salad together.
- Pomegranate Juice: Pomegranate juice is used to give this vinaigrette is a subtle sweetness that adds a tart finish to the apple salad.
- Oil: I like to use olive oil for its robust flavor, but any neutral oil will work.
- Vinegar: You will need both white wine and balsamic vinegar to give the vinaigrette its acidity!
- Maple Syrup: Natural maple sweetener provides a well-rounded sweetness to blend with the bold flavors.
- Lemon Juice: Fresly squeezed or bottled lemon juice is great!
How to Make This Recipe
Did I mention how easy this Apple pecan chicken salad is? You’ll never go back to buying apple chicken salad from Wendy’s again!
Step One: First, combine the romaine and the spring mix together in a bowl. Next, top with diced apples, cranberries, chopped pecans, blue cheese crumbles, and grilled chicken.
Step Two: In a small bowl, combine the pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, oil, maple syrup, garlic powder, white wine vinegar, and salt.
Top the prepared salad with as much dressing as you would like! You can dress up to four salads with the homemade vinaigrette so save any leftovers in an airtight bottle.
Chicken will last in the refrigerator for up to four days in an airtight storage container. This copycat salad is great for whenever you want to meal prep for the next few workdays.
First, you will want to choose your greens or base. This can be any choice of greens such as romaine, arugula, butter lettuce, etc. Next, add in the fruits, vegetables, and proteins that you plan to use. Mix everything together or keep it separated.
Add your choice of toppings such as cheese, croutons, nuts, seeds, etc. There are so many ways to prepare salads.
You can put any leftover refrigerator produce in salads! Bell peppers, sliced fruit, and other fresh produce are great for throwing in salads.
A small portion of the salad costs around five dollars and the larger portion is closer to seven dollars.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- For a vegan or vegetarian version, omit the chicken and use non-dairy blue cheese crumbles or omit them.
- Serve with whatever type of greens or spring mix you desire. You can use a variety of lettuces for this recipe.
- Keep the jar in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
If you love this recipe be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and a comment below!
Want to learn more about intuitive eating and finding food freedom so that you too can feel comfortable enjoying ALL foods without guilt, stress or anxiety and in ways that feel good? Get started by taking this quiz which will give you a personalized workbook to stop dieting and get started
Copycat Wendy’s Apple Pecan Salad
For The Salad
- 2 cups Romaine Lettuce
- 2 cups Spring Mix
- 1 cup Chopped Apple I like pink lady, honeycrisp or fuji!
- ⅓ cup Dried Cranberries
- ⅓ cup Roasted Pecans you can use honey roasted for an extra pop of sweetness!
- ¼ cup Blue cheese crumbles
- ~8 ounces Grilled chicken
For The Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¼ cup Pomegranate juice
- 2 Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Combine the romaine and spring mix together.
- Top with apples, cranberries, pecans, blue cheese crumbles and grilled chicken
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients for the dressing
- Top prepared salad with as much dressing as you like (This is enough to dress ~4 salad, so leftover dressing is okay!) and enjoy!
click To display nutrition info