DISCLAIMER: This post was developed in a sponsored partnership with Inspired Organics however, as always, all opinions are genuine.
These 30 minute honey flaxseed muffins are a fun and easy way to add some flaxseed to your day! They’re made with bananas for added sweetness and moisture. Plus they’ve got a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg which gives them the best warm flavor!
Why This Recipe Works
Making a batch of these flaxseed muffins not only makes my week easier because I have something to grab-and-go on hand for breakfast and snacks but also because they put my husband in the best mood… seriously! He LOVES when I make these muffins and actually requests them!
While these honey flaxseed muffins might sound “healthy” they’re totally NOT one of those recipes that you make that winds up tasting like cardboard. Nope. None of that here! These babies are bursting with warm spices, the sweetness of honey paired with a little bit of banana bread nostalgia! While, yes, giving your body a dose of nutrient rich flaxseeds!
You can make a batch of these muffins as part of your weekly meal prep or make a double batch and put them in the freezer to have on hand whenever you need something to munch on quickly! Just pop it in the microwave and *BOOM* instant snackage.
- Honey. A high quality, super flavorful honey is key for adding SO much flavor to these muffins! I like to use Inspired Organics wildflower honey.
- Flaxseeds. I also used Inspired Organics flaxseeds. They’re my go-to for nuts and seeds as well. You’ll want to place them in a food processor or a blender to make ground flaxseed for this recipe!
- Melted butter. Be sure to allow your melted butter to cool- otherwise you’ll literally make scrambled eggs in your batter!
- Flour. You can use whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, or 1:1 gluten free flour in this recipe.
Inspired Organics is a brand I love that offers organic products at a super affordable price (V important to this midwest gal!) You can find them at independent retailers throughout the midwest and down through the southeast – checkout the Inspired Organics website for their store locator to find some near you!
PS. If you’re curious about organic VS non-organic food and want to learn more about the true difference (i.e. is it worth it?) I’ve got a blog post that breaks down the difference for you! Read more about organic VS non-organic foods here!
How To Make This Recipe
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners (I like to use silicone reusable muffin liners!)
In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, flaxseed, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
Place your bananas into a large mixing and mash well.
Add honey, melted butter, eggs and vanilla to the bananas and mix thoroughly.
Add your flour mixture to the mashed banana mixture and mix until you have a smooth batter of even consistency.
Fill your prepared muffin tin with muffin batter (I like to use an ice cream scoop for this)
Top your unbaked muffins with additional flaxseed if desired (I recommend! They get the muffins a nice and toasty flavor on top!)
Bake your muffins for 25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
Allow to cool and enjoy!
Flax meal is the same thing as ground flaxseed and can be added to baked goods, like these flaxseed muffins, for an additional nutrient punch!
This honey flaxseed muffin recipe calls for ⅔ cup of ground flaxseed. If you’re wanting to add some flaxseed to another recipe, like these banana carrot muffins, you could simply replace ~¼ cup of flour for some group flaxseed. I wouldn’t recommend replacing over ~25% of the flour with flaxseed as it may change the consistency.
Flaxseed could help with digestion and being regular in the bathroom due to their fiber content. If you’re struggling with constipation try using a little gentle nutrition and adding some flaxseed!
- When you’re measuring anything sticky, like honey, first spray the measuring spoon or cup with non-stick spray. Your sticky ingredient will slide right out! This helps to make sure your recipe actually gets the appropriate amount it needs!
- I like to make a big batch of ground flaxseed at once then keep it in a sandwich bag in the pantry. I like to add it to oatmeal for a little nutrient punch or I’ll use it in when I make some of these gooey peanut butter vegan blondies!
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Honey Flaxseed Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- ⅔ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ripe & spotty bananas
- ⅔ cup honey
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners (I like to use silicone reusable ones!)
- In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, flaxseed, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Place your bananas into a large mixing and mash well.
- Add honey, melted butter, eggs and vanilla to the bananas and mix thoroughly.
- Add your flour mixture to the mashed banana mixture and mix until you have a smooth batter of even consistency.
- Fill your prepared muffin tin with muffin batter (I like to use an ice cream scoop for this)
- Top your unbaked muffins with additional flaxseeds if desired (I recommend! They get the muffins a nice and toasty flavor on top!)
- Bake your muffins for 25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
click To display nutrition info