Want to make the crispiest, juiciest chicken wings? Look no further! This recipe couldn’t be easier and requires NO thawing! In 30 minutes you’ll have the perfect air fryer frozen chicken wings. Plus, I’m sharing 4 of the BEST sauce recipes to give them an intense hit of flavor. Psst, one of them makes the most flavorful air fryer buffalo wings ever!
Air Frying Frozen Chicken Wings
If you don’t have an air fryer.. YOU NEED! I’m legit obsessed with mine. You can read more about what an air fryer is and why they are so amazing. Legit MAGIC.
One of the reasons I love my air fryer so much is how crispy and juicy it makes all of my favorite foods! These Air Fryer Chicken Wings are no exception. Made from frozen chicken wings, you can have a flavorful and satisfying plate of your favorite wings on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Now, you can totally use fresh chicken wings for this recipe, but I’ll be honest with you… I usually prefer to use frozen! There is no thawing needed for these air fryer wings. Ya just pop them right into the air fryer while still frozen. Couldn’t be easier!
I like to buy the plain frozen chicken wings without sauce or seasoning, then add my own. I’ve included 4 of my favorite sauce recipes, but you can use store bought if you prefer!
How To Make Frozen Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer
In just 30 minutes, you can have crispy air fryer chicken wings from frozen! Simply pop your frozen chicken wings in an air fryer of your choice (I have the one that I recommend in this post!)
First, air fry frozen chicken wings for 15 minutes at 370 degrees.
Then, flip them and air fry them for another 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Once your chicken wings are done cooking, coat them with your favorite sauce OR serve it on the side for dipping. Serve and enjoy!
Best Sauces for Air Fryer Wings
The best thing about making frozen chicken wings in your air fryer, is that your options for sauces are endless! I have 4 super simple sauce recipes that will give your air fryer frozen chicken wings a punch of flavor, and that signature saucy chicken wing experience!
While the air fried chicken wings are cooking, go ahead and mix up your sauce. Here are 4 of my favorite homemade options:
- Buffalo Sauce: 1/2 cup frank’s red hot + 2 tbsp melted butter + 1/2 tsp garlic powder + dash of salt
- Sweet Chili: 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce + 3 tbsp honey
- Creamy Ranch: 1 packet ranch dressing mix + 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt + 1/4 cup milk
- Garlic Parmesan: 1 tbsp garlic powder + 1/4 cup parmesan cheese + 2 tbsp melted butter + 2 tsp onion powder + dash of salt
Heck, mix up a little of each and give yourself some flavor variety! If you want some air fryer hot wings, I suggest using the buffalo recipe and adding extra Tabasco sauce!
I like to serve these with either my air fryer frozen french fries recipe or homemade air fryer tater tots! Such a fun meal!
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Fresh Chicken
Want to make fresh, not frozen air fried chicken wings? No problem! First you’ll want to pat off your chicken wings with a paper towel to get them dry. Then, pop them in the air fryer just like you would the air fryer frozen chicken wings at 370 degrees for 15 minutes. When you flip them after the first 15 minutes you’ll need to reduce the cooking time by 5-10 minutes. So, cook them at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes. And voila! Air fryer chicken wings from fresh!
- For the best custom flavors, purchase your frozen chicken wings unseasoned. Then, dress them with your favorite sauces before (or after) cooking them in the air fryer.
- Do not thaw your frozen chicken wings. For the best results, simply add your chicken wings to a preheated air fryer and flip halfway through the cook time.
- If you want to save time, you can opt to use a store bought sauce in place of my homemade options.
- You can serve the sauce on the side for dipping, OR you can toss your wings with your sauce of choice in a large bowl. For ultra crispy and saucy results, return the sauced wings to the air fryer for an additional 2-3 minutes of cooking.
Yes, you can! Using your air fryer to cook your chicken wings gives you crispy results, with little hands on time, and they are perfectly cooked every single time.
There is no need to thaw your frozen chicken wings before air frying, since they cook perfectly from frozen. If you have thawed your wings, simply reduce your cook time to reflect the cook time of a fresh chicken wing, which is about 5-10 minutes at 400F.
Frozen chicken wings take about 30 minutes to cook through, while fresh chicken wings will cook in 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken wing.
Once your wings have been cooked, you can crisp them up in the air fryer by placing them in the preheated basket and cooking for 1-3 minutes using the “reheat” setting if your air fryer has one. If your air fryer does not have a reheat setting, you can heat them for 1-3 minutes at 375F.
Once your chicken wings have cooled completely, store them in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
For the best results, put your sauce on your chicken wings after air frying. This ensures that the sauce does not burn as the chicken wings cook. If you would like that “baked on” experience, you can toss your wings in your sauce of choice and return to the air fryer for an additional 1-3 minutes. Then, remove from the air fryer with a pair of tongs and serve immediately.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you love this recipe, be sure to leave a star rating on the recipe card and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to pin it on your Pinterest board for later, or tag me on IG @no.food.rules if you try the recipe and love it!
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- 6-8 large bone in chicken wings frozen
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray and place the frozen chicken wings in the basket.
- Cook frozen chicken wings for 15 minutes at 370 degrees.
- Flip over the chicken wings and cook for an additional 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- While the chicken wings are cooking you can make whatever sauce you plan to coat them in. Simple combine all sauce ingredients in a small-medium sized bowl and whisk well!
- When the wings are done place them in a large bowl and pour sauce of choice over them. Toss the wings in the sauce to coat evenly.
- Optional: You can place the wings back in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes for additional crispy.
Sweet Chili: 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce + 3 tbsp. honey
Creamy Ranch: 1 packet ranch dressing mix + 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt + 1/4 cup milk.
Garlic Parmesan: 1 tbsp. garlic powder + 1/4 cup parmesan cheese + 2 tbsp. melted butter + 2 tsp onion powder + dash of salt Storage: I store these in a container in the fridge for 5-7 days, however they are best eaten day-of as they are the crispiest at that time From fresh: To make chicken wings from fresh simply reduce time cooked at 400 to 5-10 minutes.
click To display nutrition info
Leave a Reply