Want to make the crispiest, juicy chicken wings? Look no further! This recipe couldn't be easier and requires NO thawing! In 30 minutes you have the perfect air fryer frozen chicken wings. Plus, I'm sharing 4 sauce recipes to give them the best flavor!
Why A Frozen Chicken Wings In Air Fryer Recipe?
If you don't have an air fryer.. YOU NEED! I'm legit obsessed with mine. You can read more about what an air fryers is and what they do to food are here. Legit MAGIC.
Now, you can totally use fresh chicken wings for this recipe, but I'll be honest with you... I usually prefer to use frozen! There is no thawing needed for these air fryer wings style. Ya just pop them right into the air fryer while still frozen. Couldn't be easier! I like to buy the plain frozen chicken wings without sauce or seasoning, then add my own.
How To Make Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
All you need to make these air fried chicken wings is 30 minutes. Simply pop your frozen chicken wings in air fryer of your choice (I have the one that I recommend in this post!) First, air fry frozen chicken wings for 15 minutes at 370 degrees. Then, flip them and air fry them for another 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
While the air fried chicken wings are cooking you can go ahead and mix up your sauce. I have 4 different recipes you can use. To make each, simply whisk together all ingredients listed:
- Buffalo Sauce: 1/2 cup frank’s red hot + 2 tbsp melted butter + 1/2 tsp garlic powder + dash of salt
- Sweet Chili: 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce + 3 tbsp honey
- Creamy Ranch: 1 packet ranch dressing mix + 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt + 1/4 cup milk
- Garlic Parmesan: 1 tbsp garlic powder + 1/4 cup parmesan cheese + 2 tbsp melted butter + 2 tsp onion powder + dash of salt
Heck, mix up a little of each and give yourself some flavor variety! If you want some air fryer hot wing, I suggest using the buffalo recipe and adding extra Tabasco sauce!
How To Air Fry Chicken Wings From Fresh
Want to make fresh not frozen air fried chicken wings? No problem! First you'll want to pat off your chicken wings with a paper towel to get them to be dry. Then, pop them in the air fryer just like you would the air fryer frozen chicken wings at 370 degrees for 15 minutes. When you flip them after the first 15 minutes you'll need to reduce the cooking time by 5-10 minutes. So, cook them at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes. And voila! Air fryer chicken wings from fresh!
How To Air Fry Wings FAQ's
Can I uses fresh or frozen wings?
Yes, totally you can use both. This recipe will have instructions for both!
Can I keep leftover air fried chicken wings in the fridge?
Yes! You can keep leftovers in the fridge for 5-7 days. Note, though, they won't be as crispy as they were the day you made them, but they'll still taste delicious!
Can I just use store bought sauce to make air fryer hot wings or use BBQ sauce?
Definitely! You can absolutely skip making your own sauce and simply use store bought!
Give this super easy air fryer chicken wings recipe a try and be sure to leave a comment and star rating if you liked it!
And, don't forget to pin it to your Pinterest board for later and to share with your friends! Trust me, they'll thank you!
- 6-8 large bone in chicken wings, frozen
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray and place the frozen chicken wings in the basket.
- Cook frozen chicken wings for 15 minutes at 370 degrees.
- Flip over the chicken wings and cook for an additional 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- While the chicken wings are cooking you can make whatever sauce you plan to coat them in. Simple combine all sauce ingredients in a small-medium sized bowl and whisk well!
- When the wings are done place them in a large bowl and pour sauce of choice over them. Toss the wings in the sauce to coat evenly.
- Optional: You can place the wings back in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes for additional crispy.
May also use store bought sauces such as BBQ to coat wings
Dry rubs will also work
I store these in a container in the fridge for 5-7 days, however they are best eaten day-of as they are the crispiest at that time
To make chicken wings from fresh simply reduce time cooked at 400 to 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 9g
Nutrition info does not include sauce
Want more blog posts like this? You might like these!